PDA

View Full Version : need help jumping

newbtojumping33
09-24-2010, 11:12 AM
I just bought a 05 yfz450 want to get in to racing but I'm having trouble with the learning to jump part and what gear to be in I've been riding trails for bout 15yrs and never needed to go airborne lol and the track that I'm near is budds creek and that table top there is pretty big would like to be able to clear it one day lol so any advice would b great or anyone living near pg county Maryland that I could practice with I would b willing to kick out a lol cash 4 ur time thanks in advance

mxpimp2000
09-24-2010, 11:30 PM
If u lived close man i would give u lessons but im in Ky so that is pretty far away. without being 1 on 1 i couldnt explain it to make you understand. Different jumps require different body positions. On BIG table tops i like to keep my weight 3/4 back on the seat just about 2in off the seat in an attack stance. Body position will make the jump successful or in some case the wrong stance will make u get thrown bad. If the face of a jump is laid out longer u can hit it with a few different positions. Never put ur weight foward over the gas tank before hittin a jump. Always stay centered or farther back. Some jumps arent faced properly as in being striaght up almost like a speed bump or a wall which we call kickers. reason for they will kick ur *** end up and almost or will throw u over the bars. Speed is another factor BIG factor. Always keep in mind its better to OVER jump than to UNDER jump. If u over jump u will prb land hard or bottom out. Under jump and case a jump will resort in some emergency room visits. I myself mis judged a double and my front bumper ate the landing square center and broke my arm.

Any ?'s feel free to pm or ask

florentino
09-25-2010, 11:07 PM
the main thing on a jump is to stay on the gas. dont let it go

keep the revs hi and practice makes perfect.

and also ride with fast riders you will learn much faster.

check out how all the pros do it in youtube.

tire pressure and suspencion set up

have someone tell you. how are you jumping.