PDA

View Full Version : help with jumping

newbtojumping33
09-24-2010, 09:58 AM
I just bought a 05 yfz450 want to get in to racing but I'm having trouble with the learning to jump part and what gear to be in I've been riding trails for bout 15yrs and never needed to go airborne lol and the track that I'm near is budds creek and that table top there is pretty big would like to be able to clear it one day lol so any advice would b great or anyone living near pg county Maryland that I could practice with I would b willing to kick out a lol cash 4 ur time thanks in advance

J.P

Scro
09-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Learning which gear to be in is something that you just have to learn from experience. Even when you are at the track, it's hard for someone to tell you which gear to be in, since your gearing may be different from theirs. The best thing to do is ride behind someone and judge from their speed.

Tapping the brakes in the air will bring your frontend down, if your nose is too high. If you are nose-diving, rev the motor. The rotational mass of the rear wheels spinning will help to level you out. Try not to blip the throttle on the face of the jump. You want to keep a steady throttle until you are in the air. Keep in mind that everyone crashes, and it's just a part of learning the ropes of jumping.

newbtojumping33
09-24-2010, 11:17 AM
The crashing isn't the problem the healing is lol

panici33
10-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Start small and only do what you're comfortable with. Speed and gearing will come to you with practice.

GOTFEAR
10-25-2010, 08:03 PM
Practice Practice Practice cant realy tell you how to do it but get you a riding partner that will help..