PDA

View Full Version : new name for the kfx 400

ridesa02400EX
02-06-2003, 09:59 PM
ok everyone knows about how we call raptors crapters or rapturds well i think that if the raptor gets a different name it is only fair that we give the kfx a different name. i was thining the gay fx 400.

CHAUNCY
02-06-2003, 10:05 PM
i think its the kfx 400 but on the cover of dirtwheels it says kxf 400 and in the article it says kfx 400. Its kfx 400 right ???

ridesa02400EX
02-06-2003, 10:08 PM
ya its kfx

Wired
02-06-2003, 10:42 PM
i gotta better one then gay fx 400... how bout this one

EX killer! lmao!!! i dont know about you guys but im about ready to jump ship.

oh yea.... dont hate the player hate the game :chinese:

CHAUNCY
02-06-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by WiredCinqmars
i gotta better one then gay fx 400... how bout this one

EX killer! lmao!!! i dont know about you guys but im about ready to jump ship.

oh yea.... dont hate the player hate the game :chinese:

You sayin you goin kawi ???
I tihnk id prolly go with zuki cuzz I like the yellow and white. And I have had better experience with Suzuki.

Regulator 250X
02-06-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
You sayin you goin kawi ???
I tihnk id prolly go with zuki cuzz I like the yellow and white. And I have had better experience with Suzuki.

dude, they are the same quad, you cant go wrong with one without the other going wrong.

TORO1968
02-06-2003, 10:52 PM
What's the deal with them calling it a KFX 400, rather than a KXF 400??

The Tecate 3's were called KXT250's and I believe the Tecate 4's were called KXF250's. I would have figured that Kawasaki would pay homage to some of their best ATV's by naming it the KXF 400. The Tecate's had similar powerplants to the KX250 dirt bikes of the day, which was probably the reason they were called the KXT and the KXF.

Maybe they named it the KFX instead of the KXF because its a 4-stroke and not a 2-stroke. Naming it the KXF would imply that it is similar to the current KX dirt bike, a 2-stroke...

Now if it were a two stroke, then the KXF would be more appropriate, however in this case, I can understand why its a KFX 400.

Dang it...I answered my own question once again!! :p I need to stop thinking of answers as I am replying to posts on here and directing my questions to others... Is that like me talking to myself??? :eek: :confused: :huh :blah :scary:

Yeah...mmkay, what the heck am I doin'?? :D

-Jordan

CHAUNCY
02-06-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Regulator 250X
dude, they are the same quad, you cant go wrong with one without the other going wrong.

I know I was just messin around. I heard the kawi's say Suzuki on the kfx 400, kfx 50, and kfx 50. I dont know if its true. prolly not.

TORO1968
02-06-2003, 11:09 PM
The KFX400's have a decal on the frame below the left side of the engine that says some thing to the tune of "Manufactured for Kawasaki by Suzuki Motor Corp." Kinda funny seeing that... I imagine the mini's have the same decal on them as well.

-Jordan

DEAL
02-07-2003, 10:38 AM
wtf!?
Jump ship!?!?!!?!
Are you crazy!!!!
The KFX400 is junk, the only thing it has goin for it is reverse and liquid cooling. Its got a little more bottom end than a 400ex too , thats it.
JUNK my friend bought one and its already starting to fall apart.
On the stright aways he gets chewed by piped 400s constantly , (And yes he knows how to ride the thing).
If anything wait a year and get the predator, much better quad.

EricB
02-07-2003, 10:41 AM
whats falling apart on it? i actually heared that they aren't that bad of a machine...

spincr4hire
02-07-2003, 10:47 AM
I know I love my Z!
Don't knock it till you've tried it...:D
Thats funny FreestyleX, this past weekend I saw a piped Z chew a piped Raptor.

DEWIE
02-07-2003, 10:58 AM
The Z400 is an awsome machine. So there for so is the KFX400. And I love the Honda's although I ride a Z400. Why does everyone always have to bash other brands just to try and prove that what they ride is the best? I say all quads are a blast and no matter what you ride you will get beat some time or another by some other brand of quad that has more $ in the motor. It is a personal prefference that noone can make but you. So there is no need for all the brand bashing. If you don't like a brand that is your oppinion but not everyone elses. All this will lead to is flaming at each other about which brand is the best. They all have there strenths and weaknesses.:D

Lori

BadA$$440
02-07-2003, 10:58 AM
The KFX400 is junk, the only thing it has goin for it is reverse and liquid cooling. Its got a little more bottom end than a 400ex too , thats it.

then how come at one of my XC races, i had a z400 BLOW by me in th straight away. And i got pipe, and motor work, and all he had was a yoshi slip on i think. And the Kaw 400 and Z400 is the SAME exact thing, just different colored plastics and diff names.

DEAL
02-07-2003, 11:07 AM
The exhaust is falling off and for some reason it won't stay tight, it doesn't idle smooth and it keeps stalling.
Wensday he had to get towed home because it stalled and we couldn't get it started.
I've ridden the quad tons of times and I can tell you I'd take the ex over it any day , its too tall and tippy for me, It is too eager to wheelie.
its REALLY touchy which i don't like at all.
I mean its a brand new quad... He shouldn't be having these problems, Hes had it for about 2 months and its been well taken care of.
If you want proof I will try to get a video up of him getting his *** handed to him by a piped 400.

spincr4hire
02-07-2003, 11:16 AM
he must have bought a lemon then...:confused2

Steve-O
02-07-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by ridesa02400EX
ok everyone knows about how we call raptors crapters or rapturds well i think that if the raptor gets a different name it is only fair that we give the kfx a different name. i was thining the gay fx 400.

:huh you should be happy we have a choice of sport quads now. For years its been nothing but a banshee and it's bold new graphics year after year.

DEWIE
02-07-2003, 11:21 AM
If it runs so bad and it is brand new I would tell him to take it to his dealer and have it worked on. But that is not a reason to start brand bashing. When I bought my son a brand new Honda xr80 I had to make adjustments so it would stay running when I brought it home from the dealer. So your friends problem is not a brand problem. It happens to all the brands.

Lori

DEAL
02-07-2003, 11:24 AM
Yeah, Every brand has atleast one lemon and I think he got it, Hes probably gonna take it to the dealer this weekend and have them look at it, hes just kinda sour because he got ripped on the price and the quad isn't holding together like it should.

Ryan
02-07-2003, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't bash on ltz/kfx400's either. They are great machines and they are proven to be much better then the 400ex :confused2 .

BTW, I think the only differences are the colors and I think the KFX has a little difference front plasic.... Thats what it says on Kawasaki.com (http://www.kawasaki.com)

DEAL
02-07-2003, 11:30 AM
I know, I also know someone who has a Z and the clutch went after 3 months.
400exs aren't known to have really great clutches but I mean 3 months and this guy doesn't ride hard at all.

400exTN
02-07-2003, 01:22 PM
I have ridden a friends kfx and have no complaints. It has more power than my ex and handles just as good. Reverse is not a big deal since we mx only but the liquid cooling is a plus. The only problem I have seen is the rear plastic already has stress/flex marks.

02-07-2003, 04:45 PM
u sell outs:o haha , i liek 400exs my 2nd choice is a crf 450 or something

kawasaki_ridah
02-07-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by FreeStylexrider
wtf!?
Jump ship!?!?!!?!
Are you crazy!!!!
JUNK my friend bought one and its already starting to fall apart.
On the stright aways he gets chewed by piped 400s constantly , (And yes he knows how to ride the thing).
If anything wait a year and get the predator, much better quad.

hahaha :devil :devil plz i could gallop across your lil honda in bottom end mid and top haha its funny honda wanted to save weight by keeping the liquid cool and revese off and the kfx weighs less and has both lol :D dont knock it man and i wont knock yours

kawasaki_ridah
02-07-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
u sell outs:o haha , i liek 400exs my 2nd choice is a crf 450 or something

like what you like, 400 exs are good machines the were the best untile the Z came out then it was faster more powerful better handling and better suspended but you cant kill a honda i will give that to them unless your on a z/kfx lol jp jp

Martin Blair
02-08-2003, 12:06 AM
The kawi 400 is a good bike, but i think it does need a new name like, wanna be zuki, but thats to long, how about POS? :devil

EricB
02-08-2003, 03:05 AM
yeah sounds like he got a lemon, or it wasn't broke in or something.

i dunno i still like hondas even though after the 2nd month i had it it droped 2nd and 3rd gear. it happens, factory defect and piss poor luck. i broke it in right and changed the oil on a regular basis. i meen stuff just happens. who knows about his exhaust, maybe something is broke?

kawasaki_ridah
02-08-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
The kawi 400 is a good bike, but i think it does need a new name like, wanna be zuki, but thats to long, how about POS? :devil

dont be a arse man there is no call for it

Ryan
02-08-2003, 10:58 AM
You can't say "Wannabe Suzuki" Because Suzuki and Kawasaki shared idea's during the process of making the machines.... I don't know why the Kawasaki came out a little later then the Suzuki though.

Have you guys seen Arctic Cats 400? (Same as the Suzki/Kawasaki except uglier fenders...) That thing is a wannabe ;) .

ridesa02400EX
02-08-2003, 08:31 PM
not to be an arse or anything but isnt this site EX riders it doesnt seem like some people on this site dont really like EXs

ridesa02400EX
02-08-2003, 09:46 PM
oh sh!it im a retard i didnt even realize where i posted this i posed it in the non honda forum srry bout that last post:rolleyes:

smokeu400
03-04-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Ryan
You can't say "Wannabe Suzuki" Because Suzuki and Kawasaki shared idea's during the process of making the machines.... I don't know why the Kawasaki came out a little later then the Suzuki though.

Have you guys seen Arctic Cats 400? (Same as the Suzki/Kawasaki except uglier fenders...) That thing is a wannabe ;) .

i dont think this guy knows what he is talking about suzuki sold kawasaki the 400 same with arctic cat the LT/Z-400 was made by suzuki and get over it kawasaki dose not have any good ideas think of it a 700 4x4 in 2 a sport come on :huh

batgeek
03-04-2003, 05:34 PM
i dont think YOU know what you are talking about...Suzuki and Kawasaki are in what they call a "Joint Venture". they share ideas and designs with each other.

Artic Cat bought the plans from Suzuki. though they are trying to see if they can work EFI into the Suzuki design of the LTZ400 engine.

get yer stuff straight before you post. it only makes you look dumb.

zroost
03-07-2003, 08:47 PM
Hey batgeek ..you got it wrong...they are not in a joint venture.
In fact suzuki did sell kawasaki their design in return for kawa designs of smaller dirtbikes...There is no way they went on any venture together...That is why suzuki came out with the z first..
If it was a joint venture why were they they not introduced together and brought to the market together..think about it..
before we call some-one else dumb lets look in the mirror.
we all have opinions and our own way of thinking so lets not rag on others or else you can hold my trophy why I take your girl for a ride on your quad...ooooooohhhhhhhhhh take a joke

batgeek
03-07-2003, 08:51 PM
copy and paste from Business Weekly dated Aug 19, 2001:

Here is Suzuki's statement about its agreed cooperation with Kawasaki in the motorcycle business. Note that sport bikes, machines that bear a strong and distinct personality for both companies, are not yet on the list of models which will be jointly developed.

Suzuki Motor Corporation and Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. today announced an agreement to form a strategic business relationship in the areas of product development, design, engineering, manufacturing of motorcycle and ATV products and purchasing components.

Based in the spirit of reciprocity, equality, and combining resources, the agreement is designed to make Suzuki's and Kawasaki's motorcycle business more profitable despite increasing globalization and intensifying competition.

Both companies will collaborate in the area of product development, OEM supply of the product, commonizing parts and components, and joint purchasing and manufacturing, so that the competitiveness and profitability of their motorcycle business can be improved. The first step will be to combine resources and create immediate synergy with the cruiser, scooter, motocross and ATV lines. Suzuki and Kawasaki will preserve autonomy in the area of marketing and sales, with each company using its own brand and sales network as before.

Both companies expect that this arrangement will help them respond to the variety of customer needs and to contribute to the healthy growth of the industry.

from Popular Mechanics:
Popular Mechanics article on Suzuki/Kawasaki venture (http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/motor_cycles/2001/9/two_heads_better_than_one/)

need i say more?

zroost
03-07-2003, 09:04 PM
A believer in which you read...Yea that all sounds good on paper but a small fact in which I know personally to be all true because of some-one in the industry told me first hand of the real deal.
Did they combine stock yet? no Did they combine logos or names yet? no Its just exchanging money back and forth to legally get each others ideas. I could go the internet and find articles like the one you found but with a whole different story.
Dont believe everything you read...do you believe everything dirtwheels mag says? i hope not

batgeek
03-07-2003, 09:20 PM
well i sure do believe Business Weekly. Popular Mechanics is also a very reputable periodical.

do you believe everything people tell you? cuz this black friend of mine told me all black people eat chicken and watermelon. now he isnt just "in the business", he's black for God's sake.

also...you do not need to combine stock for a joint venture. you are thinking of a buy out. though even with a buy out, the bought company doesnt have to change their name/logo...just depends on how the contract is written up.

I could go the internet and find articles like the one you found but with a whole different story.

please show me these articles. i would like to read them.

zroost
03-07-2003, 09:28 PM
That was funny and good about all black people..not that I am raciast because I am not...And no I was thinking of a buy-out.
Some-one can own 51/49...now that isnt a buy-out is it.nor is 50/50...50/50 is a venture..Is it not? And yes popular mech is reputable and so is congress........

batgeek
03-07-2003, 09:37 PM
a venture is contract collaboration. 50/50 ownership is not what Suzuki and Kawasaki have agreed upon.

joint venture is a sharing of ideas, material, manufacturing processes, etc... but does not incorporate selling of actual company holdings.

have you found those articles i asked about? i would still like to read them.

zroost
03-07-2003, 09:40 PM
alright..I am done messing with ya..It was fun though...Hope all is good, so ride safe but as fast as your machine will take you.

batgeek
03-07-2003, 09:47 PM
darn it dude, you gave up to fast :D

i'm not used to that.

wyndzer
03-08-2003, 06:28 AM
Batgeek quit picking on the kids.

The fact is that Suzuki sold Kawi a certain amount of the machines and no more. The KFX will be no more when they run out. That's why I want one.:D

01TRX300EX
03-08-2003, 01:13 PM
Funny how you all have to make up names for things that are better than your 400EX's. Such as how you call the Raptor the Craptor or Rapturd, I know you all are mad from getting beat by them and all but come on.;) But really, stop making of them, they are all good machines with their strengths and weaknesses. The Z400 just has fewer of them than the 400EX, and if you ask me, so does the Raptor.

mxdave28
03-08-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Bad*****440
then how come at one of my XC races, i had a z400 BLOW by me in th straight away. And i got pipe, and motor work, and all he had was a yoshi slip on i think. And the Kaw 400 and Z400 is the SAME exact thing, just different colored plastics and diff names.

I know im beating a dead horse here.... the Kaw and the zuk are not "excatly" the same... there are just a few minor differences between them such as.... front travel z400 has a tad more...fuel tank is a tad bigger on the Kaw....z400 has a tad more width...z400 a tad taller seat height...z400 a tad more ground clearence....and the Kaw is 2lbs lighter.....NOW! when i say "TAD" were talking small enough not to cry over and not even worth arguing about but, i just wanted to input they arent "excatly" the same hehehehe.....no harm given and please go easy on repling hehehe
on another note, i have looked at just about every "sport" thumper out there since im in search for a new one, i did like alot of things on the z-400 actually considered buying one right up to the point where i sat on it....:eek2: :rolleyes: got back off and went on....i didnt feel "at home" at all...not one bit! sorry.