PDA

View Full Version : Any Dislikes With A 39 Fcr ?????

shamisc
02-06-2003, 09:49 PM
Does anyone dislike anything about their 39 FCR? I've heard that if you do alot of trail riding that they suck! I want to go with FST's 440 kit and the FCR but I want to trail ride also! THANKS FOR ANY HELP I GET!!:confused: :confused:

RAPTORAZ
02-07-2003, 05:56 AM
I've ridden my buddies 39FCR equipped 440EX quite a bit. The only complaint him and I have is that the thumb throttle is a little stiffer and makes your thumb tired faster. However the instant throttle response more than makes up for that.:D

oynot400
02-07-2003, 06:09 AM
The only thing I can think is the price! :ermm: This carb is great on the trail because of the acceclartor pump. You might be thinking of the Lectorn carb.

Colby@C&DRacing
02-07-2003, 08:21 AM
The FCR carb works great on the trail. I have been running mine for over two years and love it.:D

MIKE400EX
02-07-2003, 10:14 AM
The FCR41 also works great on tight trails and "hilly" terrain. Stick with the 39 though, unless it's a real big motor with a lot of compression. "Bang for the buck" cost of the FCR makes it much better than most other mods.

Chanman420q
02-07-2003, 12:12 PM
Id pay for a 38 and bore it to a 39... 38's are like 200 bucks cheaper

dhines
02-10-2003, 11:25 AM
I have to be honest - I'm not completely thrilled with my FCR 39. There is a distinct bog on it when I go from near idle to wide open that I have not been able to get rid of. It is a problem for me when I am running in very tight woods - I really have to feather the clutch to get it going.

I've done a lot of reading and most people say that the bog is just a fact of life on the FCR. If you don't do a lot of lugging on tight trails you'll likely never notice it, but I've actually taken mine off my machine until I can figure out a way to make things better.

Just my opinion.

Dennis

Extremeracer167
02-10-2003, 11:33 AM
call colby at C&D and get the new fuel screw adj. if u can get that dialed in right, it will almot eliminate that hesitation completely. and it wont be noticeable. i think itd 20 + shipping

dhines
02-10-2003, 11:54 AM
Yeah, I've got one of those extended screws on the way. I'm sure it will help some, but I've already tried adjusting the existing screw in 1/4 increments from 1 turn to 5 with no real improvement. I've also tried going up to a 52 pilot, but again no love... I think I'm just cursed!

MIKE400EX
02-10-2003, 12:20 PM
The bog is NOT a fact of life. It can be adjusted out (with patience). I mostly trail ride also and would have "thrown it out the window" if there was an incurable bog off idle.

e gracie
02-10-2003, 12:34 PM
given up on mine 4 now tryed every thing to get this running right must be me..any thing over 1/2 throttle blubber time will put it bak on soon an give it tother go..tryed all sorts a recomendations all to know avail..part from that ive erd plenty good reports on said carb.just dont let me touch it or u will have my expensive orniment sitting in u r garage as i have

stupid driver
02-10-2003, 01:29 PM
you just really have to work with the fuel screw adj. to get that bog down to barely noticable. it took me forever, and im still making adjustments, i need one of those screws, but i think i will get it worked out eventually

twisted threads
02-10-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by MIKE400EX
The bog is NOT a fact of life. It can be adjusted out (with patience). I mostly trail ride also and would have "thrown it out the window" if there was an incurable bog off idle.

I have had my FCR carb for a year and love it . It dont bog at all, It has great throttle response and very snappy all you got to do is get you jets right and fine tune it. It took me a few weeks to get it were I liked it thought.:cool:

nakomis0
02-10-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by dhines
I have to be honest - I'm not completely thrilled with my FCR 39. There is a distinct bog on it when I go from near idle to wide open that I have not been able to get rid of.

Dennis

And you changed the pilot and played with the Fuel air screw.

Well, those aren't the jets for your problem. The Pilot is basically just for idle. And the Fuel/air screw is just for minor adjustments.

You problem is with the midrange jet, otherwise called the needle. Try moving it up or down one notch see if that helps.

.. My only complaint about the FCR is (IMO) it needs to be rejetted in extreme hot or cold temps.:ermm:

dhines
02-11-2003, 06:32 AM
Yeah, Ive tried jacking with the needle - moving it up and down a few notches. I've also tried different main jets and have even tried adjusting the accelerator pump with the little expander on the arm. Nothing has really gotten me where I need to be.

I've got a few things I'm going to check on next (thanks Mike!) - like the float height, and I'm also going to give it a thorough cleaning to make sure it's not some junk in it that's giving me grief. I just need to pull it back out and keep at it! I spent too much money on it to let it sit around...

crashinmatt
02-11-2003, 06:51 AM
if u still have a problem gove carb parts warehouse a call. (216) 524-1599. when i had a problem with mine (i couldnt even keep it runnin at first), i called them and they helped me out a lot. now im in love with the carb and dont know y i didnt get one earlier.

Scott400EX
02-11-2003, 06:51 AM
How much more power would i see with a FCR 49 over what i have in my sig?

crashinmatt
02-11-2003, 06:56 AM
u will definetely feel the difference. they r supposed to make anywhere from 3-5 hp more i believe. but ull know its there. it made the difference of runnin 16/36 gearin to not bein able to for me.

shamisc
02-15-2003, 01:14 AM
Anyone else?

Evan
02-15-2003, 02:27 AM
no gripes here, mine has always had great throttle response, very crisp. It is slightly harder to push than stock.

lilpoppy
02-15-2003, 10:59 AM
Myne cuts out too but I havn't had much time to mess with it. The fact is that it doesn't really matter because how often do you go from no throttle to wide open. You cant keep the front tires down if you go wide open so it is pointless. The only place I actually do this is when I drag race in the sand and all you have to do is give it a couple quick revs before you punch it and you are good to go. I am going to order one of those fuel adjustment screws soon and then I will try to get this thing tuned in right.

Hoodeye3
02-15-2003, 05:58 PM
Are any of you guys running your FCR (39mm) close to 5000ft above sea level and if so what pilot are you running and what model needle?

rhandw69
02-16-2003, 10:41 AM
For some who maybe having trouble getting it dialed in and you havent done any port work, you maybe just going in circles. Without opening up the head to allow more fuel you will basically be overfueling it. It may be worth the extra money to get atleast a mild port job done on it. From what I gather from several engine builders, the 400ex stock is already overfueled by the stock carb.

Chef
02-16-2003, 10:46 AM
The only gripe I ever had with mine is that the standard accelerator pump bowl couldnt hold enough fuel at once to feed my motor....but normal people shouldnt have that problem :p

lilpoppy
02-16-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by rhandw69
For some who maybe having trouble getting it dialed in and you havent done any port work, you maybe just going in circles. Without opening up the head to allow more fuel you will basically be overfueling it. It may be worth the extra money to get atleast a mild port job done on it. From what I gather from several engine builders, the 400ex stock is already overfueled by the stock carb.

I think i agree because some of these guys say they have gotten rid of the stall but Sparks said it is normal and you can adjust it to be rideable but even their own quads do it too. They just said it should never do it when you are riding just from a standstill.

nick23
02-16-2003, 02:00 PM
i own a fcr39 and i went with it becouse it has better bottom end than the fcr41 otherwise i would have gone bigger...but i love it and i wold not trade it for ne thing

flying400ex
02-16-2003, 06:57 PM
How much for a FCR39??

nick23
02-16-2003, 07:00 PM
http://www.baldwinmotorsports.com/index2.html