PDA

View Full Version : fuel mixture screw.. in or out..

PismoGuy400
02-06-2003, 09:08 PM
alright, i just rejetted my bike (400ex) yesterday to a 155 mj.

its idling slow and if i dont feed it, it will die, do i need to turn the screw in or out to fix this.

i know i could go look in my service manual , but since im sitting in front of the computer anyway.. why not ask you guys..

thanks..

hawiianpwr
02-06-2003, 10:13 PM
Well its idling really slow adjust the Idle speed screw first. that controls the idle rpm's

JOEX
02-06-2003, 10:15 PM
It's either clockwise or counter clockwise...I can't remember...but it's one of those two for sure...

HTH:devil :devil :devil

Joe:D

sly400ex
02-06-2003, 10:34 PM
In, clockwise

PismoGuy400
02-06-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by hawiianpwr
Well its idling really slow adjust the Idle speed screw first. that controls the idle rpm's

where is the idle screw?..

if you cant explain it, dont bother trying-- its cool.

ill look in the manual when i get home from school tomorrow..

thanks guys
pismo

JOEX
02-06-2003, 11:21 PM
It's the big "screw" on the left side of the quad just in front of the carb bowl.

Joe

PismoGuy400
02-07-2003, 04:53 PM
alright thanks joe..

i hope its that easy so i dont have to take everything apart.. again

that is the ONLY this i didlike about the EX... they could have put the mixture screw so it is accesible w/o having the carb off.

ive been meaning to bend a reg. flat head to fit in there but i just havnt got around to it..

thanks again
pismo.

luvmyex
02-07-2003, 06:21 PM
I cut off a small flat head screwdriver just for this.Its only about 3" long and works pretty good.Still a lil hard but you dont need to remove or loosen anythng

lilpoppy
02-07-2003, 06:26 PM
Hey Pismo guy how often do you visit pismo? Do you plan on going memorial weekend? Me and maby a couple of my friends will be there that weekend and probably a couple times before then too. Maby we can meet up and ride sometime.

mikeboone
02-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Some of you guys replies leave me confused. There are two screws on the carb; the idle screw and the pilot (fuel adj) screw. The idle screw is the big adj knob facing out on the left hand side of quad with cable attached. This ONLY controls the idle rpm's. **The pilot screw is used to adjust the fuel/air mix in slow circuit. This small screw is on the bottom of carb and hard to get to with carb on. Turning this in leans the mix and out to richen up. Stock setting is 2 1/2 turns out.

PismoGuy400
02-07-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by lilpoppy
Hey Pismo guy how often do you visit pismo? Do you plan on going memorial weekend? Me and maby a couple of my friends will be there that weekend and probably a couple times before then too. Maby we can meet up and ride sometime.

i used to go about 5-6 times a year, but since my grandpa decided to take his life i havnt had a ride down there..

that will change in a few months when i get my liscence.

ive been just riding here at hollister and carnegie whenever my friend and his dad have room for my quad.

im sure ill be down there several times this summer. ill look into meeting a few exriders there.

DantheEXman
02-07-2003, 08:07 PM
Sorry to hear about your grandpa man,:(

JOEX
02-07-2003, 08:29 PM
Sorry about your grandpa:(

mikeboone is correct on the two different screws... Did you change the pilot jet? If not just try adjusting the IDLE screw first. That should do it.

Joe