PDA

View Full Version : Can i get a bumped seat??

PaRedneckRiders
09-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Im in the market for a new seat or at least a cover and foam, and i really like the bumped quadtech seats for the 450r but i cant find any nice seats or covers for the 400ex

So does anyone know where or if i could get a bumped 400ex seat

Here a pic of the quadtech 450r seat

Id be fine with either one i dont need a bump seat but id like one

I just want something like shown below vvvvv so if anyone knows where i could get one, please let me know

PaRedneckRiders
09-23-2010, 04:04 PM
one other pic

dalejiw25
09-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Don't exactly understand what it is you want, But Hi - Flite makes a nice seat :
http://www.hi-flite.com/ds.html

PaRedneckRiders
09-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by dalejiw25
Don't exactly understand what it is you want, But Hi - Flite makes a nice seat :
http://www.hi-flite.com/ds.html
no i dont want like a tall seat
i want a seat with a raised rear that makes it a bumped seat

CJM
09-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by PaRedneckRiders
no i dont want like a tall seat
i want a seat with a raised rear that makes it a bumped seat

Go to the fabric store and buy the foam, make your own bumped seat. I cant imagine the material will be to short to not stretch over it.

If it is you could always figure out what its made of, buy some online and cut it to match.

PaRedneckRiders
09-23-2010, 05:53 PM
ok ive got a big roll of vinal that i could use but im not that great at the whole cut and mold and make it perfect

Do u know if i could modify a 450r seat to fit a 400ex or use a 450r seat foam and cover on a 400ex base

CJM
09-23-2010, 06:02 PM
I looked at some 450r seats on ebay, seems similar but without it up close I cant tell for sure.

The seat shape itself seems very close, but the plastic part of the seat has little nubs in another spot vs 400ex seats.

Perhaps the seat kit for the 450r would work..only one way to find out.

PaRedneckRiders
09-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by CJM
I looked at some 450r seats on ebay, seems similar but without it up close I cant tell for sure.

The seat shape itself seems very close, but the plastic part of the seat has little nubs in another spot vs 400ex seats.

Perhaps the seat kit for the 450r would work..only one way to find out.
Ya id hate to buy a nice 450r seat and it not work
Mayb ill steal one of my buddys seats to c if itll work

hondaracer_34
09-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Your thinking of the quadtech "hump" seat, they are mainly used to keep your ***** positioned center, especially for motocross. Call Quadtech and see if they have them for your 400ex, I dont see why they wouldnt have one.

Scro
09-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by PaRedneckRiders
Ya id hate to buy a nice 450r seat and it not work
Mayb ill steal one of my buddys seats to c if itll work

The 450 seat comes off by itself, without the rear plastics. They are a totally different design.

CJM
09-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Scro
The 450 seat comes off by itself, without the rear plastics. They are a totally different design.
That explains alot.

Wonder how different the 450r plastic and seat setup is. The frames cant be that different can they (never seen a 450r up close tho).

Scro
09-24-2010, 06:24 AM
They are quite a bit different. The rear plastic is held on by 6 bolts. Two bolts on each side under the plastics, and two bolts that are accessed by taking the seat off. You can buy just the foam and cover from Quadtech. It may be possible to make it work on the 400ex seat pan, after separating the seat from the plastics. The 450r seat pan is a bit narrower, but you might could trim the foam and stretch the cover with a heat gun. It would be an expensive mistake if you couldn't make it work though.

PaRedneckRiders
09-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Scro
They are quite a bit different. The rear plastic is held on by 6 bolts. Two bolts on each side under the plastics, and two bolts that are accessed by taking the seat off. You can buy just the foam and cover from Quadtech. It may be possible to make it work on the 400ex seat pan, after separating the seat from the plastics. The 450r seat pan is a bit narrower, but you might could trim the foam and stretch the cover with a heat gun. It would be an expensive mistake if you couldn't make it work though.
Ya thats what im afraid of, because even if i make one lil mistake im pretty much screwed

dalejiw25
09-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Yup, Kinda like crossing the street.

PaRedneckRiders
09-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by dalejiw25
Yup, Kinda like crossing the street.
Ya
well im not gona try and do it myself, i though mayb someone knew where i could get one but owell ill just recover my stocker with a gripper

Zeb400EX
09-25-2010, 02:29 AM
Check this place out. This guy sales his covers on ebay and I bought 3 seat covers from him. They are made really well and at a good price too. I've got one on my ex and love it. He might could custom make you one with a hump.http://www.hccamo.com/index.html

exracer416
09-25-2010, 02:05 PM
you could do this' buy a rubber crossbar pad for handlebars cut it in half length wise. remove the seat cover and glue half of the crossbar pad to the seat where you want it reinstall the seat cover and go riding, cheap easy and effective, just ask the supercross guys