PDA

View Full Version : C&D Racing Shock servicing??

trailrider894
09-22-2010, 10:50 AM
hey guys, just wondering if you guys have ever had C&D service your rear shock or 450r front shocks? and how much is there 450r shock conversions?

How does C&D compare to GT Thunder or JET? ETC.....

guenther
09-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Jet revalved/resprung (duals) my front Stadiums and GT Thunder revalved/resprung (single) my rear Stadium for their XC drop link. Both did excellent work. I believe that Colby at C&D charges around $950+ to rebuild/respring the 450R fronts and 400EX rear. I think it's around $600 for just the fronts. I see his work at the races that I go to and haven't heard anything negative about the work he does. His response time and follow up could be better. Now this it's almost the downtime for the season, he will probably be able to do them quickly. Nick at Jet has an awesome reputation and was a pleasure to work with. Even texted me pictures of my shocks when they were in service. VERY responsive on returning calls or e-mails. Laz at GT is a good guy too. The best way to get a hold of him is through e-mail as he very rarely picks up the phone and he does very good work as well. His website is updated daily so you can see when your shocks got there and when they are completed. If I had to pick a winner between all three, not having ever had anything serviced from C&D but going off reputation, I would choose Jet. I think they all do fine work but service is key in this category. Nick will do anything you ask him to do and won't send anything out the door that isn't perfect. Again, I'm not knocking Colby at C&D because I've never had any work done from him, just going off my personal experience. I'm sure this is all clear as mud and others will have their own opinions.

supertrooper90
09-22-2010, 02:52 PM
I have only dealt with gt thunder. I had Laz do the 450r fronts and revalve the rear shock and xc link. I am very happy with their product but its true Laz doesnt pick up the phone to often, but his email response is usually within a couple hours time. But there is still something to be said about being able to talk to someone on the phone. GT thunder also has a real fast turn around. I think both times I used them i had my stuff back within 10 days from the time I shipped it to them