PDA

View Full Version : best trail riding shocks???

wolfe 21
09-22-2010, 05:59 AM
I'm thinking about upgrading my suspension and was wondering from those that have experience what the best upgrade would be for a purely recreational/trail ridden machine with an otherwise stock suspension. I've seen 450r, yfz450 and even ltz400 (05+ with rezzies) used or talked about on here, but no definitive answer as to what is best. I thought my suspension was OK until my friend got a Polaris outlaw and I tried to follow him across a plowed field. He just flew right over the bumps and I felt like I was riding a dryer full of nikes at 6500RPM.

Thanks for the info,
James.

trailrider894
09-22-2010, 06:37 AM
Hey, Well i have not heard much about the ltz400 shocks on the 400ex, but i know that for trail riding, the 450r shocks would seem to me, to be the best. They 450r shocks raise the ride height by a couple inches. The YFZ shocks lower the quad significantly which can spell disaster in the woods. If you want suspension that performs as good as your buddys outlaw, you will have to spend some cash on getting yours revalved for your weight, riding type, etc.... Hope that helps. Tyler