PDA

View Full Version : Predator

rob-u/21
02-06-2003, 07:54 PM
Can you guys give me the pro's and con's on the predator. And can you guys tell me what after market parts are already being made for the polaris and who makes them. THanks

Z400central
02-06-2003, 11:42 PM
Pros:
Fast!!
Handles like a dream!
Comes with A LOT of RACE features for a great price!
Fast....

Cons:
Its new..problems will happen
I hear the tranny is notchy on some..?

And as far as aftermarket...HMF makes a pipe for it, and i think there are some bumpers for it as well. Not much is out there, yet...Polaris has a whole line of pipes, nerfs, bumpers, wheels, etc. for the Predator. I have a new site (see sig) that will be opening up probably this weekend...Getting it set up now!:)

rob-u/21
02-07-2003, 10:17 AM
thanks for the info. cool site.

aproy
02-07-2003, 10:38 AM
there are 2 bigbore kits available for it already. 530cc and 630cc. they also have camshafts, valves.

2fastandfurious
02-07-2003, 10:53 AM
Well since its new theres not a ton of aftermarket stuff. YET. Its a very clean running quad. Lots of power. Almost race ready. Looks GREAT.

400exredrider
02-09-2003, 01:51 PM
I got one last week.........

Pros
Great throttle response
fast
Handles well
Decent suspension

Cons
Yes Clutch is notchy i dont reccomend power shifting cause it just dont work
Dam* Chain rattle..... soo annoying.........solution take the top chain roller off
everything is in the open........watch your radiator
;) :p
Pegs too far back
seat not comfy and not positioned very well
Way too much tail spin......no control over the rear end:D

all in all not too bad of a machine......but i still dont like it as much as the EX:devil cause ill always bleed Honda Red

Fred55
02-09-2003, 02:24 PM
Is that chain rattle actually hurting anything, or is it normal?

What would you recomend for racing stock, a 400ex or a pred?

400exredrider
02-09-2003, 02:52 PM
The Chain rattle is Normal ive heard of this problem in lots of Predators....also the seat has a tendency to fall off......for racing stock it really depends what skill level you at. a stock 400ex is the best novice racing machine out there and thats because its easier to ride and handles great...also depends on what class you plan to be in....you jumping form a warrior to a 400ex sounds like a good idea.......400exs are still fun to ride around on and cheap to modify..... my 465 smokes my predator with no doubt and yet i picked up a used 400ex a couple years ago and put the $2500 curtis sparks motor in it and it = the same amount as my predator......but i also have many other things on it.....so for you i would reccomend a 400ex..........Good Luck:blah

Fred55
02-09-2003, 03:10 PM
I have very minimal money, so mods are kinda out of the question for a while, I would love to get into some MX. I just want the one that handles the best, jumps and lands the best, is pretty quick and wont have any major problems.