PDA

View Full Version : Lots of new faces here now...

freakystone
09-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Been out of the scene for a while. Lots of newbies...

Pappy
09-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Damn son, figured you fer dead:p

sly400ex
09-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Some oldies still lurk.......:cool:

redrocker
09-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Oh yeah

Pipeless416
09-21-2010, 12:24 PM
holy crap, you guys make me feel like a newbie lol

Ruby Soho
09-21-2010, 12:26 PM
x2 on that one:eek:

freakystone
09-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Might as well be as far as ATV's go. Sold out a few years ago. Damned obsessive compulsive disorder got me seriously hooked on golf. With the weather getting ready to turn south I am looking to buy another one and take a couple trips to Hatfield McCoy.

So what is the latest and greatest sport ATV out there these days? My last few were: Raptor 700, YFZ450 and Cannondales.

All suggestions welcome.

honda400ex2003
09-21-2010, 02:01 PM
facebook was hard on the site. lol anyway all of the new machines are great imo. cant really go wrong with any of them. steve

F-16Guy
09-22-2010, 09:15 AM
I miss MonkeyBoy and Slapnutz :(

Brad77
09-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
I miss MonkeyBoy and Slapnutz :(

and that black guy too. He's not on here much anymore.

LTandRaptorider
09-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Brad77
and that black guy too. He's not on here much anymore.

Yeah, where's Jerry!! :eek: :devil:

Mean250r
09-25-2010, 01:46 PM
lots of n00bs around now adays, i myself sold out of the ATV game as well. I miss my 250r and yfz :(

cool 300ex
09-28-2010, 09:17 PM
I haven't been on here in so long i forgot everyone. I don't go on any forums anymore. To busy i guess!

JTRtrx250r
09-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Ive been out of the loop along time myself, it almost feels "new" again:D

My R has sparked my interest again the last couple weeks

TORO1968
10-02-2010, 07:51 AM
I'm back after a long absence, too...

Just bought a new YFZ450R and couldn't be more excited to get back into riding on a regular basis! :D

coreyflipp
10-02-2010, 10:33 AM
There have been a lot of noobs around here lately.

freakystone
02-26-2011, 09:51 PM
No one really answered my question... Whats the scoop on the KFX 450R?

Keep in mind, I have had the 700R and the YFZ 450.

Im looking to buy one in a few weeks.

fastredrider44
02-26-2011, 10:12 PM
KFX. I would probably steer clear of them if you plan to ride aggressively, or you like buying and swapping frames.

450R, YFZ, or KTM are the way to go. :D

sexysilverado45
02-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
KFX. I would probably steer clear of them if you plan to ride aggressively, or you like buying and swapping frames.

450R, YFZ, or KTM are the way to go. :D

Have you owned a kfx fast rider? Cause I do along with 3 other people I know very well that race them and you know what our biggest problem has been? figuring out what to clean the plastics with they are that reliable. We have everything from race motors done, to just the big 3 motor work done. We have a fox/Walsh, fox/roll designs, pep/walsh, motowoz/ Walsh, and they all handle flawless, and even stock it IN MY OPINION better than my ltr stock suspension was.Iv heard of one broken frame on a kfx compared to the 450r,yfz, and the ktm from what I have seen is a ticking time bomb as far as the motor goes.

So don't judge the kfx by what you "hear" on the internet. It's a great quad

Best bet is to hop on each one and see which one you like.

TheLane
02-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Hey! im a noob, as my caption says : ) but i ride a 2010 outlaw 450 and love it, of course if your on a budget its a great bike. Id much rather have a yfz though.

426kidz
02-27-2011, 02:52 PM
funny cuz my bro has been on here forever and i used to always just use his to ask quastions and everything now i have my own and people still take me as a newbie,lol:mad:

CADWELL
02-27-2011, 04:33 PM
As far as opinions on brands go, you'll get alot of biased answers about them. I've traded my YFZ for a Laeger hybrid though so I'm probably as unbiased as it'll get haha.

First off, one nice aspect about shopping today is some manufacturers actually offer MX or XC versions of their bikes. Yamaha, Can AM and KTM are the ones that come to mind. One other factor nowdays is FI is more common now as well.

KTM, Honda and Polaris still come carbed. The rest are FI so that may be a factor in what you're looking for also especially if you're looking to add mods down the road.

The YFZR is probably the bike that is still being figured out as far as how to get the most HP from it. The KTM is the one that comes with the highest HP from the showroom floor as well as "race ready". You will find other machines that are classified as "race ready", but with what the KTM SX comes with, it tuely is with the mods it comes with. Some will argue that the Can Am MX machine has a good package also.

There is just so much to research nowdays on machines that I'd probably pick the one you think you want and learn what the biggest drawbacks of it are.

rollie
02-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Yeah, where's Jerry!! :eek: :devil:

I could be wrong, but isn't he the one that always posted the apple? hahahah:p

fastredrider44
02-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by sexysilverado45
Have you owned a kfx fast rider? Cause I do along with 3 other people I know very well that race them and you know what our biggest problem has been? figuring out what to clean the plastics with they are that reliable. We have everything from race motors done, to just the big 3 motor work done. We have a fox/Walsh, fox/roll designs, pep/walsh, motowoz/ Walsh, and they all handle flawless, and even stock it IN MY OPINION better than my ltr stock suspension was.Iv heard of one broken frame on a kfx compared to the 450r,yfz, and the ktm from what I have seen is a ticking time bomb as far as the motor goes.

So don't judge the kfx by what you "hear" on the internet. It's a great quad

Best bet is to hop on each one and see which one you like.

No, I have never owned one. I have plenty of friends that tried them out though. One of which completely destroyed his frame after 6 hours from brand new. Wanna see some pics?

CJM
02-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Place I ride theres about 30 of us, most have honda 450rs or yamah450s, few have ktm, no KFX, one LTR, and otherwise 400ex's. Considering how hard some of these guys ride and how worked thier machines are tells me that honda or yamaha is way to go.

But Im biased...

I will say Ive been on all of them except a KTM before. I vastly prefer hondas handling, ground clearance, and power, then I would say next is the yamaha and then the rest. I dont like the way the LTR handles, Ive been on z400's and dont like them, and forget the KFX's.

fastredrider44
02-28-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm going to go ahead and dog several of the bikes to be fair.

Honda, cracked frames
Standard YFZ, broken subframes, broken motor mounts
KTM, parts not as easily available, front end needs servicing more than others seemingly. (ball joints, hiem joints)
Suzuki, not really set up for the trails
Can-Am, motor problems mostly

Riding them as hard as we do, you find the weak points. All can be good bikes no doubt, but the Yamaha, Honda, and KTM seem to be the best of the bunch IN MY OPINION. Hope this doesn't step on anyone's toes, as that was not the intent.

sexysilverado45
02-28-2011, 12:34 PM
thats pretty impressive then he must have jumped it off a cliff or something because I have cartwheeled my kfx,(broke tie rods, bent a arms, axle, stem, bumper, spindles.) and the frame was fine. had a buddy over shoot a 60ft double and land flat bent a dwt beadlock,bent the monster pegs on his rath nerf bars. and the frame was fine. The one thing that has been said to weaken the frames is with out a skid plate because it wears away the welds but thats not possible in 6 hrs so i would say your buddy has some pretty bum luck.

like i said earlier all the 450's are pretty well equal the only things that you could factor out would be do i want fi. or can afford this.

rpfeifer11
02-28-2011, 12:58 PM
I have been on these forums for about the past 6 years but after about 3 name changes and a lot of deciding when to post and when not to I am not name-calling anymore and hope to keep this username.

chucked
02-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Sounds like some people need to learn to not over shoot / case jumps.

sexysilverado45
02-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Correct you are

Scro
02-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by chucked
Sounds like some people need to learn to not over shoot / case jumps.

I'm pretty sure the guy he is talking about is a Pro XC rider.

fastredrider44
03-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Scro
I'm pretty sure the guy he is talking about is a Pro XC rider.

No, I'd hate to even tell them about his luck on Kawi's. Oh well. I guess the KFX is the best fourwheeler ever if you own one. lol

sexysilverado45
03-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
No, I'd hate to even tell them about his luck on Kawi's. Oh well. I guess the KFX is the best fourwheeler ever if you own one. lol

Your right is the best if you own one just like Honda and Suzuki and the others its all about what suits you but don't be bashing a name because of a few rare instances. If we did things that way every quad would suck.

fastredrider44
03-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by sexysilverado45
Your right is the best if you own one just like Honda and Suzuki and the others its all about what suits you but don't be bashing a name because of a few rare instances. If we did things that way every quad would suck.

That's why I bashed them all. Chill out dude.

Pappy
03-01-2011, 10:19 AM
We have a KFX 450, one of the best handling quads in stock trim IMO for XC. Its the little things and lack of power in stock form that takes away from it.

As far as the frame, I have seen the new YFZ's bent so it is something we will have to get used to or complain about haha!

When you add up all the +'s and -'s, the cost of parts, reliablity, aftermarket part cost and availability both new and used...the Honda wins for most forms of racing and riding IMO

Pappy
03-01-2011, 10:21 AM
BTW, have owned a Honda 450R, LTR, 400ex, LTR450 and a KFX450.....

In the middle of building a full on XC YFZ-X....and in all honesty, would rather be heading to florida on a Honda(I hate new models)

fastredrider44
03-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Good luck down there Pappy. Looking foward to seeing the pictures from it, including the wildlife. Maybe I'll try to go to Georgia.

Pappy
03-01-2011, 10:25 AM
I hope to get some wildlife shooting in.....

We have to use up a few days this week doing suspension work with Ballance, then the race, then hopefully NOT working on the quad before Georgia.

250rsforlife
03-01-2011, 06:42 PM
not tryin to say im right but i think they are all even and i say that cuz every quad has its good things and its bad things thats my opinion but personally i like the 250r the best just cuz