PDA

View Full Version : 450r swinger

400exshop
09-21-2010, 09:47 AM
will a 450r swing-arm fit a 400ex ? does any thing have to be done to get it to work ? and are the carriers the same or inter change ? im looking to get a +6 450 swinger.

tri5ron
09-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by 400exshop
will a 450r swing-arm fit a 400ex ? does any thing have to be done to get it to work ? and are the carriers the same or inter change ? im looking to get a +6 450 swinger.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by ericcrip
what do you have to do to get it on ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm not sure on the wieght difference but as far as getting it to fit..you don't have to do much..at least the ones from a '04-'05. just bolt it up using the ex spacers and brakeline/rear master cyclinder. i kept the ex rear shock and used the 450r shock link. althought the ex's would work to. have to use the 450r's rear brake caliper and axle/of course bearing carrier.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's been covered extensively. The search button is your friend.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=409824&highlight=450r+swingarm

400exshop
09-21-2010, 11:33 AM
thanks ( ron ) i was looking befor i asked about it. but could not find any thing. but thanks for the help.:muscle: