PDA

View Full Version : 250ex bore

$$$moneyex
02-06-2003, 07:43 PM
hey i no the one guy on here got the powroll bore kit for the 250ex i just wanted to talk to him about it. any one no who it is.

brokeitin3
02-07-2003, 07:32 AM
and its still holding up just as good

honda270ex
04-30-2003, 01:03 PM
I got one and its great

$$$moneyex
04-30-2003, 02:42 PM
yo how did you get your 250 to a 270 theyre 229 stock. is it a kit or a custum job?

but it must fly for a 250

White_Knuckles
04-30-2003, 06:47 PM
Moneyex, a little off topic but have you got your T-4 to not burble and sometimes backfire when you let off the throttle at high RPM. I can't make it stop all together as other have claimed.

UNI filter, (4) UNI pop in filters installed in the lid, opened up snorkle end, Keihin 105 main, stock pilot, fuel screw out 2.5 and the killer T-4. Vaaarooom :p

$$$moneyex
05-01-2003, 11:07 AM
no i cant seem to get it to stop i think im going to take it to my dealer and see what they can do

White_Knuckles
05-01-2003, 01:16 PM
NO! not the dealer! I called Pro Circuit they said tweak the fuel screw to "make it better" but it never will go away entirely.
Response:
When the throttle valve is in the idle position, fuel does not flow out of the main system (needle, needle jet, main jet). Fuel is only delivered to the engine by the pilot (idle) system.
The combined effect of the closed throttle and elevated engine rpm is to create a fairly strong vacuum in the intake manifold. This vacuum, in turn, causes a high airflow rate through the small gap formed by the throttle valve and carburetor throat.
Under these conditions the pilot (idle) system cannot deliver enough fuel to create a normal, combustible air/fuel ratio. The mixture becomes too lean to burn reliably in the combustion chamber. It gets sent into the exhaust system unburned and collects there.
When the odd firing of the lean mixture does occur, it is sent, still burning, into the exhaust system where it sometimes ignites the raw mixture that has collected ---- the exhaust then pops or backfires.
Completely stock Harleys do not do this until open-end mufflers, such as the popular Screamin' Eagle slip-ons, are installed. The exhaust must be both free-flowing and have an open exit for the popping to occur.