PDA

View Full Version : Trx450r Shocks

Rohr397
09-20-2010, 10:41 PM
I really want to switch out the terrible front shocks on my 04 Trx450r. Only problem is I can't afford any aftermarket shocks so I am hoping to grab a set of Yfz or Kfx450r shocks since they are dual rate and fully adjustable. I've already got someone who can set them up for an amazing price so I just need to know which of those two is better for MX tracks. I don't even know if the Kfx450r shocks will fit but this is the place to ask about all this stuff. Also if anyone knows how to combat the super bouncy rear end please let me know because it's annoying on the whoops. Thanks.

Scro
09-21-2010, 06:37 AM
Save the money you would spend buying another brands shocks, and send the Honda shocks out for a rework. They can rebuild them to match your weight and riding ability. It would be money well spent.

DEVINF450R
09-21-2010, 07:15 AM
andy m.aul is really good at getting that harshness out of the rear end.

217-491-0804

he is a certified axis and Fox shock technician as well. He says he likes the stock honda rear shock revalved and can get it working better on the shock dyno than PEP or Axis

Rohr397
09-21-2010, 07:41 AM
DEVINF450R Thanks for the advice I'll try that out

Scro I tried that already but they could only do so much because of how limited the shock is. They said if I adapt the Yfz450 shock they can make it just as good as aftermarket but the same can't be done for the Trx. I just want to know if the Kfx would be a better shock in any way but I think I will just get the yfz shock.

Scro
09-21-2010, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Rohr397

Scro I tried that already but they could only do so much because of how limited the shock is. They said if I adapt the Yfz450 shock they can make it just as good as aftermarket but the same can't be done for the Trx. I just want to know if the Kfx would be a better shock in any way but I think I will just get the yfz shock.

Who setup your Honda shocks? I ask only because there are tons of reworked Honda suspensions out there, including several Pro-ProAm guys. I've never heard of anyone needing to switch to different brand shocks.

hrc450er
09-21-2010, 08:17 AM
apparently they dont know what they're doin

Baileygunns
09-21-2010, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Rohr397

They're blowing smoke up your ***... The stock TRX shock with the right person reworking them can be as good if not better than SOME aftermarket shocks.

Call Nick at Jet suspension
http://www.jet-motorsports.com/

dustin_j
09-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by DEVINF450R
andy m.aul is really good at getting that harshness out of the rear end.

217-491-0804

he is a certified axis and Fox shock technician as well. He says he likes the stock honda rear shock revalved and can get it working better on the shock dyno than PEP or Axis

I'll second this recommendation. Andy does good work and is extremely helpful.

fastredrider44
09-21-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Baileygunns
They're blowing smoke up your ***... The stock TRX shock with the right person reworking them can be as good if not better than SOME aftermarket shocks.

Call Nick at Jet suspension
http://www.jet-motorsports.com/

^^^:D