PDA

View Full Version : tranny done?

jzexrider
09-20-2010, 08:33 PM
So I was flying through the woods the other day and all of sudden the engine locked up and skidded to a halt. It was stuck in 3rd gear but I finally got it back into neutral. Now im missing reverse and 2nd gear and it feels like the clutch is slipping a little. Luckily, I was only about a mile from home so I got back in 1st gear. The engine has been burning oil for a while now so I was planning on a top end rebuild this winter but now this happened . About how much do you guys think it would cost for a complete engine rebuild and is there any shops you recommend? I was looking at this shop, anyone ever got work done by them? http://www.advmachining.com/400EX.html

speedfreek
09-21-2010, 06:45 AM
A local shop around here charged $1500 but if there is carnage in your trans it may cost different.

400ex tranny's are a dime a dozen. If you do your own work it could be done possibly for $500.

If you need any tranny gears let me know. I have a disassembled bottom end with many good parts.

hypersnyper6947
09-22-2010, 07:46 AM
I also have a bottom end, it is complete and worked perfect before my top end grenaded. It has good clutches too. I would just have it cleaned out a bit just incase any debree from the top end fell into the bottom. I will let it go for cheap pm me if your interested. Then all you would have to do is slap your top end on and call it a day.