PDA

View Full Version : eton wire harness delete

svtctr
09-20-2010, 03:05 AM
i was told there is a way to delete all the wires and electronics so that all i have is spark cause im not sure if the resistors are suppose to get really hot after only a min of idle starting from cold, can anyone direct me to the link cause im not finding it. at one point i got into a backdoor to this site and saw all the threads posted in this section and it was stuff i dont usally see, like there is suppose to be a second page to this section, but i cant figure out how to get back to find the thread.

Brian

riding4fun
09-20-2010, 02:21 PM
This should help. I believe all the stators are about the same.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=371197&highlight=wiring+harness

svtctr
09-20-2010, 07:50 PM
ok im not sure if this will work cause i have a 2000 model and every CDI i find on anythingatv.com doesnt look like anything i have on my quad, the only way i see to control the speed is an adjustment screw on the throttle.

the resistors that are mounted to the frame on the right side get really hot pretty quick then the quad dies and doesnt run right til its cooled off and then its good to go for about another quarter mile or more

we kept thinking it was carb problems or maybe fuel delivery problem but carb has been cleaned thoroughly and fuel lines are new so we are sure its electrical and i would love to get rid of the resistors or whatever they are and the i guess its a CDI but it doesnt have any adjustments on it like every CDI ive seen plus i cant find another one to buy that looks just like it.

i dont kow im lost, ill look at it tomarrow and see if the wires match what it say on the link you gave me and do it and see if it works

o4twinpeaks
09-21-2010, 07:27 AM
Give justin at maxrpm a call. He has a coil cdi combo that is all in one for the bikes. I think gforce web site has the wireing diagram posted on how to wire it without the key and lights and all the other stuff. On my mobile now or I would have given ya links

Tom

nastynotchback1
09-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by o4twinpeaks
Give justin at maxrpm a call. He has a coil cdi combo that is all in one for the bikes. I think gforce web site has the wireing diagram posted on how to wire it without the key and lights and all the other stuff. On my mobile now or I would have given ya links

Tom

I ran this on our e-ton for a while.worked great

svtctr
09-24-2010, 06:34 AM
i bypassed the wire harness and it fired right up!
happy i can still use the electric start and the light works
it ran about 10 mins then died i think the carb needs re-adjusting

o4twinpeaks
09-25-2010, 05:39 AM
Quick question. Do you still have out put from the stator? Is it charging the battery? ?y thoughts are if your lights work the yes because they don't run off the battery but I'm not sure if the lights and the charging circut are the same.

svtctr
09-25-2010, 05:46 PM
i do have lights and electric start, i also have a switch for the battery on the hot side to turn it off when its not in use, ive recently drove my quad with the lights off and battery killed and it still bogs so i think ill just do a compression check and then if anything ill upgrade to a manual choked carb and a 70cc top end kit

svtctr
12-21-2010, 05:34 PM
i went to a manual choke carb for some honda style quad and i had to make a flange to make it work but now it wont even fire up which bring me to this question....

i deleted the wire harness but what does that do to the electric choke? does it still work? or is that something i need to wire up to the battery or is there a fix for that? and this is if i went back to the original carb (electric Choke)

weldr383
12-23-2010, 04:28 PM
the electric choke runs off of the lighting circuit on the stator.so you need the resistor and the rectifier hooked up.the rectifier is the thing you were talking about that gets hot.,

svtctr
12-23-2010, 07:01 PM
so im assuming that rectifier is not suppose to get hot right

weldr383
12-23-2010, 08:10 PM
the rectifier does get hot,to the point you burn your hand on it

svtctr
12-24-2010, 09:26 AM
so is that good or bad how do i read it with a multimeter?