View Full Version : Stripped Tank Bolt

nwi45
09-19-2010, 01:17 PM
I remember reading a thread on here but I can't find it. I have a stripped bolt on the top of my tank that I'm trying to get out.

Eclipsemike
09-23-2010, 12:52 PM
i remember readint hat article before to... the article said somehing about using a drill with an 8mm socket attched to it and use the drill to spin the bolt fast enough to get the plastic hot so that the threaded part of the fastner will come out... then once you get it out and the bolt out of the threaded part. use jb weld or some other form of epoxy to glue or secure the threaded part back into the tank and you should be good to go.

Baileygunns
09-23-2010, 01:02 PM
^^ That's it.

Eclipsemike
09-23-2010, 02:34 PM
i thought so.... my 450r tank is messed up with one screw not comin out too but i havent done the fix on it yet.... when i have to get to the top end of the motor i pull the whole tank and front plastics off in one piece until i end up fixing it

450r07
09-25-2010, 09:11 PM
i had a buddie just jam a flat head screw dirver inbetween the brass nut and the tank. Then i just took a wrench and broke it loose. I tried everything before that and i think i was just overthinking it.