View Full Version : Brand New 70 won't even pull itself....

johng_22
09-18-2010, 09:22 PM
Just received new crated DRR 70 yesterday. Got it setup last night and tried running it up the first time today. It revvs out seamingly fine but will not pull itself. I stand beside it and rev it out with my leg against a back tire and it will only push against me and surge but not move. My son tried riding it and it struggled to move at all and it seemed like he had it pretty much wide open throttle. The dealer I bought it from suggested checking if there was a restrictor in the exhaust. I checked first thing by referencing the How-to document under Q&A's on DRR's website. I found no such restrictor. Is is possibly a problem with the clutch?
Any ideas are most appreciated!

johng_22
09-18-2010, 09:36 PM
Cik, Thanks for the offer. I'll give you a call tomorrow if that's ok. Going to look at a new 450R first thing in the morning, I'll try reaching you right after.

I should have mentioned I know pretty much zero about CVT's. I guess I'd better become educated sooner than later....

Hemi636
09-19-2010, 02:57 AM
There is a restrictor on the quad from factory. I copied the following paragraph from the G-Force website. Check out the website, it has alot of useful information on it. There is a tech section with new unit building instructions, tuning, etc.
(g-forcepowersports.com)

-CDI Box/Rev Limiter---The is the little black box attached to the frame above the carb (left side of the quad)....There are 2 screws that need to be loosened and a small jumper will fall our (like a flat staple)...then tighten screws--If you dont remove screws the quad will not rev high enough to move.

After you remove the jumper that little quad will rip!!!

desratt
09-19-2010, 04:29 PM
no, my drr 50 wouldn't run with the restrictor on...

johng_22
09-19-2010, 04:38 PM
Thanks Hemi. Just as he stated there as a flat staple shaped piece of metal jumping across to terminals on the CDI box. As soon as I removed it, being the big kid I am of course I tested it out first. Parked in my workshop, I fired it up and ripped out leaving behind 2 solid stripes of rubber for 6 ft across the concrete. This is with my 170lb butt on it.... Needless to say we had a great first day out. My son is still smiling ear to ear!

bulldogfallon
09-19-2010, 04:43 PM
How was the dealer not aware of that???

Hetrick Racing
09-20-2010, 06:45 AM

??????????????????????

desratt
09-20-2010, 10:15 AM
the dealer likes to have you remove that as to remove the liability.. I think at least

#404's Dad
09-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon

Was thinking that as well and what DRR Dealer would suggest an Exhaust Resricter on a DRR? lol