PDA

View Full Version : buying another truck need help

woodsracer144
09-18-2010, 06:33 PM
ok so my cousin has this 86 F350 crew cab truck that is in good shape, would be in exclent after a paint job. but its got a 5.9 cummins swapped in with the ford FZ5 trans, sb bell housing, everything between the motor and trans has less then 2 K on it all the clutch parts. motor it self has like 200K but I know its whole life and i dont doubt it will last for another 200k,

on top of the running truck i get another 86 crew cab dually 2wd with another rust free body, the box is like new off a 96. and that is compleat but the motor and trans.

my cousin wants 3600 for it all, is that a good deal?

my plan is to steal the doors on the dually and put them on the driver cause they are hand crank and the one that is a driver has electric and they are on the verge of dieing at moments.

so after its all said and done what could you get out of a good rust free crew cab body? i dont know what it has for axles or gears but i know everything this guy has owned the motor and trans were taken very well care of.

CJM
09-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Replacing the window motors is SUPER easy and not to costly. LMC truck and bronco graveyard sell them for less than 100 a side iirc. Dont swap the doors unless you gotta.

It sounds like a decent deal, if you had to buy even one of those trucks and swap it would be more than 3600.

If you want it, go for it. Do understand one thing-good luck parking it since its so long..lol.

woodsracer144
09-19-2010, 01:15 AM
parking it is fun... i drove the truck with a 24 ft trailer in the twin citys and off the high way was a learning exp. you def. dont take a wrong turn with that rig.