PDA

View Full Version : Where exactly do i cut the pivot bolt, 400EX?

2compoundbones
09-17-2010, 11:16 PM
I have tried everything listed on the web accept Kroil which is on the way. I"m ready to start cutting but need to know exactly where to do the least damage $ wise. I have a cutting torch or a sawsall. I desroyed two steel nuts along with the end of the bolt which is now cut off flush with the frame. Bolt spins with impact but only begins to flex frame on the opposite side as i beat the p out of it with a bolt fashened toseat in the center of the bolt yet ride and take shock load on the edges of the bolt. Fed UP!!!!!!

BlasterEaten250
09-18-2010, 07:30 AM
I cut off the head of the bolt and pushed it out backwards with an air hammer

speedfreek
09-18-2010, 07:13 PM
I cut it on the right side. The only side you can get to with a torch. Don't worry about the plastic in the swingarm. It's gonna melt. How bad depends on how fast and how good you are with the torch.

Remember to use NEVER SEIZE with the new bolt. Or Anti seize, same thing.

quad2xtreme
09-19-2010, 04:49 PM
I'd recommend removing the rear shock and the subframe and airbox.

Jack the quad up as high as you can and use a sawzall to cut threw the pivot bolt next to the engine.

Once you do this, you can lift the engine engine enough to get the pivot bolt piece out on the side where the nut goes.

Use a Dremel to slowly the bolt head off. Once it is close enough, use a punch to knock it out. Remember, the engine has to be out of the way enough to let the bolt come out.

/Jon