PDA

View Full Version : Lt80 has dirtbike envy...

hawaiianbasshed
09-17-2010, 11:02 PM
so... after having issues previously with our LT80s 26mm mikuni roundslide carb w/vforce reed setup..

hawaiianbasshed
09-17-2010, 11:04 PM
the thing I like about this carb and I had the drive to put it in and get it working right was because off the line power is pretty intense.. I've heard that with the larger carbs on 2 strokes the boost bottles actually work so I'm hoping to get one and find out for myself :D

another shot where you can kind of see the reed cage spacer... I'll remove it sometime and get pix of the parts all unassembled. and I'll work on a vid tomorrow :D

hawaiianbasshed
09-17-2010, 11:12 PM
it IS dark out, but I tried to use my flash to make up for it...

the way I figured to get the carb running right... to me, the carb seems like it's maybe off an rm80 or something don't see how the reed cage mounting holes would match the block any other way :confused: sooooo, to get around the throttle cable being short to make it easier for myself, I decided to run a pitbike twist throttle... but since good enough is never enough, I also opted to make it a 1/4 turn twist throttle :eek2: I put one on my old pitbike and it was fun LOL... anyway, to put it mildly, well, I think I over did it lol. it's scary for ME to ride it lol... go to turn and forget to let off the gas lmfao... kid is gonna have fun tomorrow when I put him on it :D can't wait to get the vids lol.

so I previously had problems with this carb so opted for making it easier to ride and be reliable I'd just put the stocker back on. but this thing has ALOT better off the line. you can't even tell I have a 14t front sprocket on and it STILL seems like it may have more off the line than before and it has all 6 rollers in the CVT.. I'm thinking I'll try the 13t again as well as subtract rollers but I also want to jet it via plug testing tomorrow and find which plug I like in it (have the 6-7 and 8 hot to cold spark plugs) so I have alot of tuning to do.

I also had issues with the carb leaking previously but I had the float valve in upside down as I dropped the float pin by mistake and never realized I put it back together wrong lol.

I feel like I need to do a little more jetting on it but we'll see how it goes :D more phsyc'd to have it super peppy at this point lol. it's a little much imo but once my kid figures out how to ride it it'll be awesome lol

I'll get better pix of the bike tomorrow as well as the parts if there's any interest :D

I can also put up some links if anyone is interested in the throttle I used from Tboltusa :) but the vforce requires the block openings at the intake to be widened but the sucker hauls... you'd also need a carb and everything else to run this kind of setup. and the only reason I KINDA knew what to do is the bike came with it when I bought it. so I looked at the new case when I swapped it and the old case and saw where I had to grind and have had a few mini bike projects prior so I had an idea of what to do. I can get pix with the reed cage out and with my caliper if anyone is interested in looking for one. but it is like a dirtbike setup I think just by looking at it... it hauls tho LOL

hawaiianbasshed
09-19-2010, 12:47 AM
didn't get very far with vids, the kid rode it til it ran outta gas lol. didn't bring extra so it was an excuse to go home...

he said he likes it better, but he didn't nail it or go as fast as he did previously with the thumb throttle so he's still getting used to it. it slides better with these tires and the added off the line power for me. but the tires hitting the nerfs is a big concern, I need to find tires that're shorter or ditch these nerfs :mad: uploaded a quick vid. I didn't jet it or anything as I was lazy at this point and didn't bring the tools or plugs. did get a few vids, but they all sucked so I'm just uploading a short one.

hoping to hit a track asap...

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u175/hawaiianbasshead/?action=view&current=slidingturn.mp4