PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale For Sale

Ryan
02-06-2003, 06:30 PM
Info by ********....

Cannondale For Sale
Tuesday February 4, 2:40 pm ET
By Marc Hopkins, Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--Bike manufacturer Cannondale Corp. has received interim approval from the bankruptcy court handling its Chapter 11 proceedings to borrow up to $4.9 million to keep its business running.

The debtor-in-possession loan is provided by CIT Group/Business Credit Inc. and noteholder Pegasus Partners II L.P., according to court papers obtained Tuesday.

A final hearing on the company's loan package has been scheduled for Feb. 25 in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Bridgeport, Conn.

Under the financing deal, Cannondale is required to repay CIT Group $688,900 in advances made prior to its bankruptcy.

Court papers also said that Pegasus is willing to advance the company 50% of the money it needs to operate in connection with a budget that was worked out between Pegasus and CIT Group.

Cannondale already owes $19.5 million to CIT Group from prebankruptcy loans and also owes about $25 million to Pegasus in prepetition loans, court papers said.

In a related development, the company is asking the court to approve a so- called stalking horse agreement to sell its assets.

Often in bankruptcy court transactions, firms that are interested in buying the bankrupt company's assets before an auction is held are referred to as "the stalking horse" because they set the threshold for other offers.

The property for sale includes the company's bicycle and motorcycle assets, which can be sold together or separately. Court papers said an initial deposit of $500,000 is needed to purchase all the assets with a total price tag of $60 million. Other parties wishing to bid on both sets of assets must start the bidding process at $250,000.

Interest in the bicycle assets alone would also require an initial deposit of $500,000, with a total price tag of $57.2 million. Other interested parties would have to start bidding at $250,000.

The motorcycle assets alone would require an initial deposit of $250,000, with a total price tag of $2.8 million. The bidding would start at $100,000.

Court papers said the bids are due by March 11 and should be sent to Cannondale's offices in Bethel, Conn. The auction is scheduled to take place on March 13 at Cannondale in Bethel.

The proposed buyer, who isn't identified in court documents, is requesting a breakup fee of $1.3 million if another party submits the winning bid.

Court papers also said that if the assets are sold separately, $1.2 million has been allotted for the bicycle assets and $58,500 has been allotted for the motorcycle assets.

The company's Chapter 11 petition, filed last Wednesday, listed $114 million in assets and $105 million in debts.

Cannondale manufactures high-performance bicycles. The company's 2003 bicycle line includes about 89 models, all of which are hand-assembled and constructed with hand-welded aluminum frames.

In May 2000, the company started to produce the Cannondale MX400, a high- performance off-road racing motorcycle.

muff
02-06-2003, 06:58 PM
I'm lost theres to many numbers :( oh well :o

so is it gonna stay afloat?

Ralph
02-06-2003, 07:04 PM
how does this sound?

honda moto44ex
honda cannibal440ex
honda speed440ex
honda blaze440ex:chinese: :chinese: :D

Ryan
02-06-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by muff
I'm lost theres to many numbers :( oh well :o

so is it gonna stay afloat?

Yeah that confused me also.... MY guess is the new owner will still produce "Motercycles/ATVs" But its going to be totally different. They may stop all together since the motercycles/atvs never really made that much money and is the main reason Cannondale went out of business. I don't really know but I guess we will find out in the future :blah .

killed300ex
02-06-2003, 07:13 PM
personaly i think cdale quads and dirtbikes are over. I think that a pedal bike manufacturing place is gonna buy them out and just make bike with cdale printed on them to make themselfs alot of money/.
killed

muff
02-06-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Lrd Mx400ex
how does this sound?

honda moto44ex
honda cannibal440ex
honda speed440ex
honda blaze440ex:chinese: :chinese: :D

hmm, hondale?

Ralph
02-06-2003, 07:17 PM
canonda:chinese:

muff
02-06-2003, 07:25 PM
canonda:chinese:

sounds to much like canada :confused2 :scary:

Glow Plug
02-06-2003, 07:32 PM
isn't bombairdea wanting to buy it or somethng?

Ralph
02-06-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Brit220
isn't bombairdea wanting to buy it or somethng?

cannonbomb?

muff
02-06-2003, 08:00 PM
^ that last one was pretty good

bombadale

QuadJunkies
02-06-2003, 11:39 PM
cannonbomb? that has a good ring to it!!Sounds like one bad arse ride!!:D

airheadedduner
02-07-2003, 12:17 AM
I really think this is the opertunity for honda or yammy or any other big players in the industry to cut out major R&D costs and have a sweet sport/hi-performance line-up. Think, if honda bought that and put it out as it was it would be awesome, but all they woud have to do is "tweak" it a little and say, "LOOK NEW HONDA!" I would buy it.:rolleyes:

rookiex
02-07-2003, 07:14 AM
hehe me too:rolleyes:

swap
02-07-2003, 07:54 AM
rumors about harley davidson buying

Ralph
02-07-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
I really think this is the opertunity for honda or yammy or any other big players in the industry to cut out major R&D costs and have a sweet sport/hi-performance line-up. Think, if honda bought that and put it out as it was it would be awesome, but all they woud have to do is "tweak" it a little and say, "LOOK NEW HONDA!" I would buy it.:rolleyes:

if honda bought them they could possibly pruduce them cheaper. they already have sources of aluminum for all their aluminum dirtbikes. throw some dunlops on there with stock honda rims, KABOOM

Ryan
02-07-2003, 09:57 AM
Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki ect.... None of these companies are going to buy Cannondale. I would see a "American" Bicycle company buying them out. My feeling is that Cannondale "Motersports" Is OVER :( .

Bombadale would sound pretty sweet though :D .