PDA

View Full Version : Which class? What quad?

btomazevic
09-17-2010, 01:14 PM
My son (11) and daughter (9) have been racing locally in a box stock class on Predator 90's. They are finishing 1st-5th out of about 10-14 quads per race and I feel they are starting to need the next step in racing. We would like to spend about $5,000 per quad and race a few nationals next year. Let me here your opinion on starting with new equipment. I would like to start in the 70 class and then progress in to the 90 class. I have talked to 4 play and they love the pitster. I would love it too but I can't spend $14,000 per quad. Should I start with a pitster and slowly build it? I would prefer to stay away from cvt. Also, what class should we shoot for? Any help would be appreciated. I am sure a lot of people have scratched there head about this and I am sure there are varying opinions so lets here them. I am old school when you had to decide if you were going to race a 250R or a..........well a 250R it is.

Thanks,
Barnaby Tomazevic

Thanks for the info 4 play.
Also, thanks Janssen Motorsports for all the help now and back in the early 90's

THARNESS
09-17-2010, 02:57 PM
I just sent you a pm.

heathmxracing
09-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Have you looked at the Cobra? You should be able to find a used one in your price range. They are the same chassis 50/70/90 so you can swap the engines out as your kid moves up...

$14,000 for a Pister is insane... You can get a really, really nice all out mod bike for less than that.

btomazevic
09-17-2010, 11:01 PM
The $14,000 Pitster is a 4 play mod that does look unbelievable. They start with the stock chassis which is chromoly and they put a ton of sweet parts on it. Check it out on their website. It will be interesting to see how they do next year. Thanks for the feedback, I am going to keep my options open for a while to see where my budget ends up after the RV purchase and a new hauler in the offseason, I am basically trying to educate myself right now.

Thanks,
Barnaby

Kids raced tonight at Gravity Park and it made me wonder why I want to spend anything on quads. One of those nights. Still proud as heck of their progression.

o4twinpeaks
09-18-2010, 04:52 AM
Check out the apexs. They are suppose to come out with a shifter in 2011.

T@AFP
09-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the kudo's. But I want to be clear. 14K is a very high number for that Mod. Easily you could get that number way less. A fully modified quad w/o engine is about 10k. ( beadlocks,tires,axle,shocks A arms, pipe etc..)
I think you could put one heck of a power plant in that for less than 4k. Getting the overall number down to closer to 12k for a new Fully built Mod.
This is a press release for ATV RIDERS.

http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/atvfourplay2010-pitster-pro-mini-youth-modified-quad.html

Originally posted by btomazevic
The $14,000 Pitster is a 4 play mod that does look unbelievable. They start with the stock chassis which is chromoly and they put a ton of sweet parts on it. Check it out on their website. It will be interesting to see how they do next year. Thanks for the feedback, I am going to keep my options open for a while to see where my budget ends up after the RV purchase and a new hauler in the offseason, I am basically trying to educate myself right now.

Thanks,
Barnaby

Kids raced tonight at Gravity Park and it made me wonder why I want to spend anything on quads. One of those nights. Still proud as heck of their progression.

FISH ON!
09-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Tom, Nice press release! Thanks for stepping out there and providing more non-cvt options. I'm anxious to get out of the CVT game myself. We race GNCC and they need some harassment to get them to allow these sort of machines. Be sure to call them some time and push for it. It can only help improve your market.

Originally posted by T@AFP
Thanks for the kudo's. But I want to be clear. 14K is a very high number for that Mod. Easily you could get that number way less. A fully modified quad w/o engine is about 10k. ( beadlocks,tires,axle,shocks A arms, pipe etc..)
I think you could put one heck of a power plant in that for less than 4k. Getting the overall number down to closer to 12k for a new Fully built Mod.
This is a press release for ATV RIDERS.

http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/atvfourplay2010-pitster-pro-mini-youth-modified-quad.html

T@AFP
09-21-2010, 07:18 AM
Thank you Sir.
As requested, I just emailed the GNCC to consider reinstating a "mod" or "super mini class".
I have been lobbying for this at our local series level most of the summer. Because even with our stock Pitster 125, my daughter has to race against Raptor 250's and 300EX's.
Kinda like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Hopefully, all the organizations will see the benifit to this class.

Originally posted by FISH ON!
Tom, Nice press release! Thanks for stepping out there and providing more non-cvt options. I'm anxious to get out of the CVT game myself. We race GNCC and they need some harassment to get them to allow these sort of machines. Be sure to call them some time and push for it. It can only help improve your market.

mrowe
09-25-2010, 02:18 AM
B tomozovic...I will be at gravitypark on sat for the tomosovic party and ride...come see me...I have all the info you are asking for and some things to show you on my phone...I talked with Joey about this a while ago but hav'nt met you yet...matt

mrowe
09-25-2010, 02:19 AM
920-470-4611 matt