PDA

View Full Version : Stock Exhaust

RideRed400EX
11-30-2001, 10:12 AM
There have been alot of posts about modifying the stock exhaust. I have no engine mods so I'm wondering what kind of a boost I'll see. Has anyone tried this on the bone stock 400ex? The airbox cover is staying intact so I figure jetting changes will be minor but suggestions are welcome.

redrider ex
11-30-2001, 10:35 AM
I saw this guy one day while riding he wanted to sell his 400 he said it had a 440 big bore and that he worked at a place that tuned exhaust and had race tuned his i think he just drilled a hole in the baffale it sounded a little different so i said lets race because i wanted to see how much faster it was than stock so we
me and my buddy raced him and we beat him twice and once we tide dead even the first time he said he was spinning to much and the other to times he said he skiped a gear he had brand new holeshots on back and i had worn out razors I dont think he had a big bore kit and he was full of crap or didn't now how to ride so I don't now if modified exhaust will help or not.
P.S another guy i know with a 300ex came over and had spent $1200 dollars on DG pipes new razors axles and K&N filters and jet kit it still coulden't hang with us it was just loud and he was just mad.:huh

11-30-2001, 10:41 AM
ridered400ex go out to this link it should answer your question.;)

http://home.earthlink.net/~gellett/exhaust/index.htm

11-30-2001, 11:22 AM
Do you know of a similar diagram for the 300EX exhaust?

11-30-2001, 11:27 AM
don't know of any mods fer the chree hundred sorry..

11-30-2001, 07:00 PM
go out and look at your stock baffle it is welded in i know cause i tried and failed to get it out