PDA

View Full Version : Sand Sports Super Show

armstrong88
09-16-2010, 01:50 PM
If your heading to the Sand Sports Super Show at the OC Fair &Event Center in Costa Mesa this weekend and you want to check out tires & wheels for your atv/utv, be sure and stop by Fullerton Sand Sports' booth. Dave at Fullerton is good people and I won the Dune Fest Oregon 2010 Pro Race on paddle tires they provided me. More info at Fullerton Sand Sports.com

lwrider20
09-16-2010, 02:43 PM
also stop by Lone Star Racing. we will have my quad with the new pro line of product. plus we will have some crazy project we have been working on.

OutlawBill
09-16-2010, 03:09 PM
bad knee will keep me out

ballzdeep38
09-16-2010, 03:21 PM
i have never been to the SSSS. Will the different vendors be having "SSSS specials" on their products? you know like vendors at the county fair have "fair prices" as opposed to buying the stuff later? I am in the market for a set of paddles and some headlights so is this something i should make an effort to check out?

armstrong88
09-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by ballzdeep38
i have never been to the SSSS. Will the different vendors be having "SSSS specials" on their products? you know like vendors at the county fair have "fair prices" as opposed to buying the stuff later? I am in the market for a set of paddles and some headlights so is this something i should make an effort to check out? You should call or email Dave at Fullerton about your paddles. 714.489.5996 or fullertonsandsports@yahoo.com
Tell him Gary Armstrong #88 referred you and he'll give you extra discount and free shipping if you're not going to the Show. Hope that helps you. Gary

Ichoptop
09-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Someone take tons of pix and post them

ballzdeep38
09-16-2010, 10:25 PM
You should call or email Dave at Fullerton about your paddles. 714.489.5996 or fullertonsandsports@yahoo.com Tell him Gary Armstrong #88 referred you and he'll give you extra discount and free shipping if you're not going to the Show. Hope that helps you. Gary

thanks gary. ill see what he says...

yellowzo3
09-17-2010, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Ichoptop
Someone take tons of pix and post them

If you frequent Glamisdunes.com they post tons of pics every year from the show. Some years are better than others but its always cool to check out the new stuff in the rail industry and the folks over there usually post up some atv stuff as well.

From the pics I've seen it looks like its always jam packed there. Lots of cool stuff!

DWTRACING
09-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Howdy all,

COME CHECK US OUT IN THE PARADE OF PRODUCTS NEAR THE MAIN STAGE. WE HAVE OUR NEW 3 PIECE SECTOR ON DISPLAY AND OUR AWESOME DOONZ TIRES AS WELL AS OTHER PRODUCTS.

Make sure to come by the booth and enter to win:
DWT Racing DWT Racing Official Site
1 FREE Set of 12" DIablo Beadlocks for any UTV (GC)
1 FREE Set of 12" Tires (GC)

lwrider20
09-17-2010, 10:52 AM
lonestar will be offering 20% off all lsr products if you purchase at the show. come check out the new dwt tires and wheels on my quad as well.

ballzdeep38
09-19-2010, 03:51 PM
so i went to talk to the guys at Fullerton Sand Sports yesterday and left empty handed. Everyone that has recommended a paddle for the trx300ex says 6 paddle gliders in a 20 inch tire. i talked to a guy at the FSS booth named kevin or kent i think. i told him what the bike/rider/ usage would be and he recommended 1 21 inch 6 paddle hauler extreme. when i told him that 6 paddle gliders were recommended and he told me that i would need around 10 paddle gliders to get the same effect as the extremes he had. then told me i could run the extremes on the 300ex and on a 450r. the idea that i would use the same tire on a 450 and 300 didnt make sense and made me think he was trying to "put me together" and sell whatever paddles he had on hand. after all the good recommendations about dave at FSS, i think i am going to have to give him a call after the show and see what he says.

does the idea of running a 21" 6 paddle extreme, or a 10 paddle glider on a 300ex sound off to anyone else?

armstrong88
09-19-2010, 04:18 PM
so i went to talk to the guys at Fullerton Sand Sports yesterday and left empty handed. Everyone that has recommended a paddle for the trx300ex says 6 paddle gliders in a 20 inch tire. i talked to a guy at the FSS booth named kevin or kent i think. i told him what the bike/rider/ usage would be and he recommended 1 21 inch 6 paddle hauler extreme. when i told him that 6 paddle gliders were recommended and he told me that i would need around 10 paddle gliders to get the same effect as the extremes he had. then told me i could run the extremes on the 300ex and on a 450r. the idea that i would use the same tire on a 450 and 300 didnt make sense and made me think he was trying to "put me together" and sell whatever paddles he had on hand. after all the good recommendations about dave at FSS, i think i am going to have to give him a call after the show and see what he says.

does the idea of running a 21" 6 paddle extreme, or a 10 paddle glider on a 300ex sound off to anyone else? Like I keep tellin' u guyz, TALK TO DAVE and DAVE ONLY. He's the most knowledgeable and has been outfitting my rig for winning races for over a year! Tell him Gary Armstrong sent u. If he's not at their booth, his number is 714.489.5996. I don't know who those other guys are.

ballzdeep38
09-19-2010, 05:04 PM
thats the plan Gary. i tried calling them on friday but no one answered. i assume its cuz they were at the sand show. i guess ill wait til monday and give dave a call.

armstrong88
09-19-2010, 06:28 PM
thats the plan Gary. i tried calling them on friday but no one answered. i assume its cuz they were at the sand show. i guess ill wait til monday and give dave a call. Ya, I'm sure it's a crazy weekend for him. He's usually like with the phone in his ear, so let me know if you have any prob getting him!

armstrong88
09-22-2010, 09:19 PM
thats the plan Gary. i tried calling them on friday but no one answered. i assume its cuz they were at the sand show. i guess ill wait til monday and give dave a call. Dave mentioned you got ahold of him. He'd sent me the email below to explain things. Thought I'd send it to you just so you have it:
The guys that help me there try to help as much as they can, if he talked to me I would of explained why to run that tire for either quad. The tire works great for the 450r in the 6 paddle extreme. it would work better with the gliders on the 300 ex but its usually not about performance / acceleration but flotation for that quad.(21/12x8 suggestion) The gliders will wear out ALOT faster than the extremes because the person riding the 300 ex is usually less experienced and may not stay out of or off the junk trails that would destroy a glider paddle.

Yes the gliders would out perform the extremes on an acceleration test, but buying new sets every year may suck!!!! The riders on 300ex (mostly) dont keep it in the perfect gear all the time or down shift at the right time, so we found thwe 6 extreme on the 21/12x8 casing works best all the way around for the novice rider, wife, or kid.

A 21/12x8 - 8 paddle glider works real well on a 300 ex. (will wearout quick on the 300)

My daughter uses them on her 300 ex.

The right suggestion was made, but not an explanation.

We tried a 5 paddle on the 300 ex, yes they out run the 6 paddle but everyone who we had tried them liked the way the 6s worked better.They seem to have a funky vibration with the 5s over the 6s. Had kids, daughter and wifes try them.
Dave

Fullerton Sand Sports
8322-A Standustrial Ave.
Stanton, CA 90680
714-484-5996 phone
714-484-6508 fax

ballzdeep38
09-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Yes i did speak to dave and I must admit he is THE MOST knowledgeable guy i have ever spoken to about paddle tires (and I worked in a shop for 3 years as well). his suggestion seemed quite off at first but his explaination made alot of sense and i dont doubt his recommendation one bit. Anyone who is looking for paddles should give Dave a call first...