PDA

View Full Version : Keep or Sell 02 Moto440

MotoRacer
02-06-2003, 05:41 PM
Lately, I've been thinking about selling my new moto440 and getting something different. In the winter, i ride mostly on trails, but in the summer, fall , and spring, i ride at the track. I LOVE my moto at the track. The maintence part is getting annoying though. I was thinking about selling it and dumping ALOT of money into a new Z400, or some other quad. I think maintence would be alot less, and i would get more use out of it in the off season. I plan on racing next season, and want an AWESOME bike. The thing holding my back from selling my moto is the power that it has. IT IS SOO CRAZY, AND I LOVE IT! Can you guyz give me some opinions on what you think i should do? thanks alot.

Moto

CHAUNCY
02-06-2003, 06:04 PM
I would sell it
I mean it seems like you would get more use out of the z
It prolly wont have as much power as the 440 but you will adapt
Just my opinion though

MotoRacer
02-06-2003, 06:09 PM
I need something that will be able to keep up with it on the track. I need a bike good enough that if i were up againist a moto, it only will come down to who's the better rider. thanks.

Kyle

330exracer122
02-06-2003, 06:16 PM
y not just buy different a arms so u can fit in the trails

MotoRacer
02-06-2003, 06:20 PM
fitting isn't the problem..from what i hear, u can't ride a moto slow without fouling plugs..u are supposed to fly..all the time.

buckNbanshee
02-06-2003, 06:38 PM
maybe a blaze? just get a larger axle and a arms for the track.

MotoRacer
02-06-2003, 06:41 PM
i can get that mapping if i wanted to.. I don't think any of the dales u can ride slow..but i may be wrong. Also, cannondale is out of business, it takes 45 minutes to change and plug, and like and hour to change the oil..everything is a big project...thats why with a Z..everything will be easier, and quicker..any more opinions on what i should do?

mrusk
02-06-2003, 07:39 PM
You can ride your cannondale slow without fouling plugs if you are in the right gear, you should know that.

Since you are rich as heck and its all your parents money why don't you sell the dale and build a awesome z400 like kory ellis.

matt

AlaskaSpeed
02-06-2003, 07:47 PM
Just sell the damn thing...we don't need whiners like you in our camp.....:D

raptor_02
02-06-2003, 07:50 PM
man you would be CRAZY if you sold your MOTO. Kepp it man!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to have one of them , they are AWESOME. What I would do is keep your eyes open for a good used 400ex. Buy the ex for the trails and keep the moto for racing. Cause if you sale the MOTO no one will give u anywhere near what its worth. Especially sense Cannondale filed Chapter 11. Keep it man, it could be worth 25 grand some day you never know. But just look for a 400ex for around 3 grand and u will be fine! whatever u do though KEEP your MOTO. Unless you want to sell it to me :D :p

Narly R
02-06-2003, 08:47 PM
DO WHAT raptor_02 SAID!!!!!!!!! DONT SELL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look for a other bike and use it for trails, and the Moto for the track!:devil

forum
02-06-2003, 09:25 PM
if your a fie hard mxers. build a 250r based machine. nothin beats em. as long as you got enough money

MotoRacer
02-07-2003, 03:43 AM
i gotta 265R national sitting in my shed that i used to ride. I am trading that in the next week or so for a worked 400EX...i might just use that on trails, and the moto on the track. The power of the cannondale is just insane, and i can't let that go yet! :D

Guy400
02-07-2003, 05:25 AM
I've only changed oil 2 times and changed 2 plugs so I'm not real experienced with it but your service times are extremely slow. You can have the oil changed in 15 minutes and that includes the time you're waiting for it to drain. Buy a bigger pan and you can drain both frame spars at the same time and the filter replacement takes about 1 minute. The tranny is just a single drain bolt with a reusable filter, blow it out and put it back in. Another 3 minutes to fill up the new fluids and you're done. The spark plug should only take you 20-30 minutes and you shouldn't be fouling them that often. If you are you may want to lower your injector offset.

cdalejef
02-07-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by MotoRacer
i can get that mapping if i wanted to.. I don't think any of the dales u can ride slow..but i may be wrong. Also, cannondale is out of business, it takes 45 minutes to change and plug, and like and hour to change the oil..everything is a big project...thats why with a Z..everything will be easier, and quicker..any more opinions on what i should do? You need help if it takes you that long to change those. I can do all of that in 20 minutes. I'll bet your taking all the plastic off to change the plug aren't you! If your fouling plugs then you need to change a couple thing in you mapping. We trail ride ours all the time and never foul plugs!

MotoRacer
02-07-2003, 08:34 AM
what do i do so i can ALSO trail ride, and not foul plugs? without giving up power doing this.

bradley300
02-07-2003, 08:55 AM
try to find a gp control on ebay. then when you trail ride you have the ability to switch to a blaze map. also try to find a cannibal front end and just switch it out for the winter months.

also, try not to lug the motor as much, you have to rev the dale a little more than a honda

raptor_02
02-07-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by MotoRacer
what do i do so i can ALSO trail ride, and not foul plugs? without giving up power doing this. i wouldn't trail ride a 12000 dollar quad anyways. Keep that thing for racing and racing only. Look for you something cheap for the trails that you can hammer down and not worry about tearing anything up

2fastandfurious
02-07-2003, 10:51 AM
Sell,Sell, Sell! :p

kicker696
02-07-2003, 11:16 AM
ok, well if you have enough money to have a moto and a national caliber 250r, then you should first send me some money, then decide which of the 2 you like the most, the moto, or the 250r and keep that one strictly for the track, then take the other in and trade it for either a nice 400ex, or a nice tricked z400

raptor_02
02-07-2003, 11:21 AM
which do u like better, your moto440 or your 265R??? Which do you think has more power?

mrusk
02-07-2003, 12:08 PM
I remember his 250r. All it was was a stock frame with laeger bolt on, work shocks and a little motor work. I wouldnt call that a national 250r.

This kid seems to be clueless. He buys a moto then post numerous questions of numerous sites about what front end he should buy for it and what shocks. Don't you buy a moto so you don't have to add stuff to it?

You can trail ride on your moto the way it is now as LONG AS YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT GEAR. They do not need to be rode WFO all the time. When you pull outta your garage do you pin it so you dont foul a plug?

matt

forum
02-07-2003, 12:37 PM
also. you keep ranting about how great your moto is. they got nothing on a walsh 450 or something similar. I;m sure they are awsome and i would love one. But after hearing the problems your having there is no advantage of having a moto. when compared to a 250r or even 400ex based machine. I hate to be the kid that alwasy says my stuff is better, but when I'm done my machinme I wouldn't trade it for two moto's

raptor_02
02-07-2003, 05:13 PM
MOTO'S are awesome man. IMO there just as good as CRF or YZF quads. They have just as much power and cost a 1/2 as much. A MOTO is a great buy and if I had 12 grand that is where it would go.

blastersrule
02-07-2003, 05:42 PM
get a 400ex and mod it its way better than any thing when its modded:)

Glow Plug
02-07-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by raptor_02
MOTO'S are awesome man. IMO there just as good as CRF or YZF quads. They have just as much power and cost a 1/2 as much. A MOTO is a great buy and if I had 12 grand that is where it would go.

sure anyone can go out and buy a moto but only a ture quad nut can got out and build a bike by hand and then have the experence of building a quad from the ground up and havving a good story to tell about it

raptor_02
02-07-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Brit220
sure anyone can go out and buy a moto but only a ture quad nut can got out and build a bike by hand and then have the experence of building a quad from the ground up and havving a good story to tell about it oh really???? well it has nothing to do with being a true quad nut, it has to do with having 15000 or more to put in a quad cause that is what it will cost to build a CRF or YZF quad. Chances are if you build it your self its still not going to be as good as a MOTO anyways. But I would love to build my own quad but it comes down to the $$$$$. Everyone isn't blessed to have the money to do stuff like that.

Martin Blair
02-07-2003, 10:35 PM
Just mod it and keep it, if you sell it pretty much no matter what you buy, the guy that bought it is going to be faster if he can ride at all.