PDA

View Full Version : What rear shock should I use for duning

albertp86
09-15-2010, 10:06 PM
I have a stock 88 rear shock that has never been serviced before. Someone told me to get it serviced and I would be fine. Others tell me to go with a Works or Elka rear shock. I have Elkas in the front (Duner Edition without the rezzi's) and am now ready to do something about the rear. Again, I dune with them and go through whoops but not to much big air jumping.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Stay stock or go aftermarket?????

Honda 250r 001
09-16-2010, 06:33 AM
Depends on if you want to spend money! Aftarmarket will for sure make you faster through whoops, but a stock shock revalved does pretty good through whoops. A stock revalved and resprung would do you just fine, but people start having troubles with the stocker when they start hitting bigger jumps.

albertp86
09-16-2010, 10:14 PM
I called the local shop and they said that the cost would be around $200 to rebuild the shock. Does anyone no if that sounds right as far as price goes??

Honda 250r 001
09-17-2010, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by albertp86
I called the local shop and they said that the cost would be around $200 to rebuild the shock. Does anyone no if that sounds right as far as price goes??

Just for a rebuild? thats crazy? Ive seen shops rebuild a shock for under 100. But if the shop your speaking of is rebuild, re-valing, and respringing this shock of yours. Then its a pretty good deal. So just to make this clear, your talking about only for rebuild?

way2fast4u_250R
09-17-2010, 12:42 PM
i pay $275 to machine piston-revalve-respring-powdercoat spring red on my stock shock-include nitro charging form bdt motorsports-works much better for my 250 ponds-
paul