PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Ds450 recalls?

TJ Bradley
09-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Just wandering what the recalls are for the 2009 models so i know what to look out for.

TNT
09-16-2010, 05:41 AM
Do a search on this site for the "2009-9 clutch update" recall thread by me or get copy from the dealer. It denotes an engine # that has the updated clutch, engine # is by the right foot I think.....this update started on the line in 2009 so some early 2009's did not get it. I'd personally check for the new xtra plate, HUB part #, and xtra oil hole in the cover. Plan on getting a new billet basket since this update has not completely fixed the problem, BCS has the best imo.

2009 has the other 2008 updates altho there are still some isolated issues with the front frame and case.

TJ Bradley
09-16-2010, 06:01 AM
Im getting this from an individual not a dealer. He says it was bought off the showroom floor 8-17-10. So how do i know if its had the updates? get him to give me the number off the case and call a dealership somwhere and get them to run it.? Or what would be the easiest.? Im starting to think of staying with a honda. All this stuff is kinda turning me away. lol. One of the reasons i was interested in this perticular quad is that its brand new and i wouldnt have any big issues for a while. if im gonna be replacing motor crap the second time i ride it, i dont think i need one.

TNT
09-16-2010, 06:16 AM
Like the HON it has it's issues, we have always had to put an aftermarket basket in all our quads for heavy racing, and had to gusset the frame, you know this if you been racing a while. Get the VIN call the dealer double check the clutch update.

I agree, pretty cheap of BRP to not have all 09 updated, they charge more that year for them.