PDA

View Full Version : Set-up suggestions

lauvrayracing
09-15-2010, 03:04 PM
We don't race often and we are going to go race a county fair race soon. We have two DRX50 quads that I would like to set up a little better without spending a fortune for this tighter probably arenacross style track compared to the normal motocross track we race from time to time.

Quad one is stock except for a hetrick ported cylinder, high speed trans gear set, 17t front sprocket, and 3.5g rollers on a hetrick variator

Quad two is stock except for 3.5g rollers on a hetrick variator

Any suggestions would be great so the boys can have fun and be competitive. Thank you very much in advance!

selbygirl
09-15-2010, 05:18 PM
suspension it will let the bike go a lot faster and smoother and the jumps wont jar them wen they land my boy sed the two best things i did to his quad was a set of elkas and marc from hot quads set him up on the right pipe and the pipe was like waking up the dead it riped but with more power you need shocks take care tommy

EthansDad
09-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Have you seen the track? Any long straights or is it very tight and twisty. You might want to trade off some top speed for more bottom end with raising teeth on rear sprocket, or for giggles try 3g rollers. If they are getting smoked on the straights, then come back up to your origional config.

lauvrayracing
09-16-2010, 06:25 AM
I appreciate the help guys I am going to do a sproket change and if I need to go more drastic I will go lighter on the rollers. I have not seen the track, it is supposed to be pretty tight though, no long staights. Thanks again.

lauvrayracing
10-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Thanks for all the help, we managed a 3rd and a 4th against 8 other quads and all were 70cc. The 2 in front were seasoned riders and built. Not bad for not having raced in a 1 1/2 years and being on 50cc quads. Thanks again everyone.