PDA

View Full Version : tribute to Angie Maher #537

extremeblastr
09-15-2010, 07:48 AM
as a lot of you know she passed away recently due to race related injuries and i just wanted to share this tribute video done by josh cyr of 201 films, some of the footage in the video was shot by angie herself..

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fZR7YP5DDj0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fZR7YP5DDj0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

slightlybent47
09-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Regardless weather you knew them or not it’s always hard to here about someone that has there young life cut short for any reason.
She looked like she really enjoyed life and the hobby she enjoyed and loved so much.
My heart and prayers go out to all those that she left behind and were lucky enough have known her. R.I.P Angie and Gods speed.

CJM
09-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Indeed a true shame, she died doing what she loved and there is nothing more noble imho.

May she rest in peace, my heart goes out to those that knew her and her family. Godspeed Angie Maher!

KXRida
09-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Terrible to hear another rider down. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family. RIP in peace angie.

jcs003
09-15-2010, 10:30 AM
requiescat in pace

BakerRacing40
09-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Indeed a true shame, she died doing what she loved and there is nothing more noble imho.

May she rest in peace, my heart goes out to those that knew her and her family. Godspeed Angie Maher!

I couldn't have said it any better...

Robin Hood
09-15-2010, 05:38 PM
That picture at the end really gets me...

RIP Angie.

rollie
09-15-2010, 06:24 PM
R.I.P Angie :( you will never be forgotten!

ZeroLogic
09-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by BakerRacing40
I couldn't have said it any better...
Agreed. Rest In Peace. God bless the friends and family members.

FHKracingZ
09-15-2010, 11:40 PM
godspeed angie. we all ride in ur memory.

honda400ex2003
09-16-2010, 08:53 AM
RIP angie, that is a great tribute video! My prayers go out to all of her family and friends. steve

01 400EXer
09-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Great video.

That last picture really got me also. I am a father of 2 young kids and I pray everday that I never have to go through anything like this with one of my kids.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Angie.

fast300ex59
09-16-2010, 10:32 PM
video is sick my friend josh did a sick job on it Rip Angie Maher sucks losing a friend and a fellow racer

DEVINF450R
09-17-2010, 12:11 PM
VERY sad indeed. This broke my heart. I am friends with her sister on FB and have spoken to her at nationals. whole family is stand-up ppl. it really hits home. I race nearly every weekend and anymore i never think about death as an end result.

RIP and godspeed Angie.

diangelo#67
09-18-2010, 10:54 PM
race in peace

Jake250ex
09-20-2010, 01:04 AM
RIPnot trying to be insensitive, but what kind of injury was it? i noticed she wore a leatt

Crystylephoto
09-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Thank you all for the kind words during this tough time!
Angie was practicing at Jolly Roger Motorsports Park in Lempster, NH when she hit a kicker on one of the only jumps on the track. It sent her bike forward and I was told she never let go. They airlifted her to Dartmouth Hospital in Lebanon, with major head trauma. She had no injuries at all below the chin, thanks to her safety gear! They did scans right as she got to the hospital, where they told us the trauma she had was far more serious than we had thought. They brought her into emergency surgery where they also found a blood clot, which they removed and released the pressure in her head from the swelling. After 5 days at the hospital, and numerous scans, the doctors informed us that she was having no brain activity or functions in her body. It was calming to know that the doctors said she felt no pain through any of the accident.
Also because she was so healthy and uninjured chin down, Angie was an organ donor. So she will be able to save numerous lives with her one. Her spirit will also live on in the recipients or her organs... maybe some will be riding ATV's or going rock climbing! It's hard to make the best out of a terrible situation, but this helped us all out a lot, hearing that she could save lives!

DEVINF450R
09-21-2010, 05:18 AM
IMO its one of the most noble and unselfish ways to say goodbye.
Its good to see you can have such a positive outlook Crystal. She wont easily be forgotten and im glad ive got to see some videos and pictures of her riding... man she was ripping in the vids i seen...

631kfx400
09-21-2010, 02:37 PM
ride in peace

its one of the worst feelings to see someone who truly is in love with what they do pass away while they are doing it:ermm:

RideRed84
09-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Crystylephoto
Thank you all for the kind words during this tough time!
Angie was practicing at Jolly Roger Motorsports Park in Lempster, NH when she hit a kicker on one of the only jumps on the track. It sent her bike forward and I was told she never let go. They airlifted her to Dartmouth Hospital in Lebanon, with major head trauma. She had no injuries at all below the chin, thanks to her safety gear! They did scans right as she got to the hospital, where they told us the trauma she had was far more serious than we had thought. They brought her into emergency surgery where they also found a blood clot, which they removed and released the pressure in her head from the swelling. After 5 days at the hospital, and numerous scans, the doctors informed us that she was having no brain activity or functions in her body. It was calming to know that the doctors said she felt no pain through any of the accident.
Also because she was so healthy and uninjured chin down, Angie was an organ donor. So she will be able to save numerous lives with her one. Her spirit will also live on in the recipients or her organs... maybe some will be riding ATV's or going rock climbing! It's hard to make the best out of a terrible situation, but this helped us all out a lot, hearing that she could save lives!

God bless you and your family. R.I.P Angie. You will be in my family's thoughts and prayers. As the son of an organ transplant recipient I would also like to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

99400esex
09-26-2010, 01:03 PM
I read about this on here last week I think, really sad. Rest in piece