FMFTRX250r
09-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Pappy,
I need a quote for some ltr parts.

I have 2 frames - gold metallic
3 subframes - gloss black
3 swing arms - gloss black
And 1 aftermarket steering stem - gloss black

Here's the kicker. Everything your going to be getting will be totally blasted and cleaned. It'll just need minimal cleaning from handling. Where I work, we do sand blasting and magniflux work, so everytime I tear my bikes down I blast em and mag em and repair all the cracks before I send them out to be coated.

You will be getting the one frame and 2 subframes 2 swing arms and stem all together. I'm going to tear down one bike and build it back before I do the other (don't want 2 builds at the same time). Please let me know on a price.

Doug Bird

Pappy
09-14-2010, 09:54 PM
It wont be too bad at all on the wallet if its all blasted, and if we could meet up instead of shipping more could be saved

I will pm you the prices

FMFTRX250r
09-15-2010, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
It wont be too bad at all on the wallet if its all blasted, and if we could meet up instead of shipping more could be saved

I will pm you the prices

I googled your address and your about 5 hours from me. Maybe we could meet at a race or something? I don't know if your running GNCC anymore or not.

I need to get some Walsh gusset kits for both frames and get everything blasted and repaired.

Houser wants me to let them redo my stem so it'll have the houser sticker on it lol. Gotta please the sponsors

Pappy
09-15-2010, 08:16 AM
Ill be in Elkins several times this fall and meeting up usually isnt an issue. Just let me know when youre close to being ready and we will get it all worked out.

FMFTRX250r
09-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Ill be in Elkins several times this fall and meeting up usually isnt an issue. Just let me know when youre close to being ready and we will get it all worked out.

Give me a general idea of when your gonna be in Elkins. I could have the first frame and swing arms and subframes ready in a few days.

Pappy
09-15-2010, 08:32 AM
If all goes well, end of september/early october (early bear season)

FMFTRX250r
09-15-2010, 08:37 AM
If all goes well, end of september/early october (early bear season)

Ok sounds good. Give me a little time then. I'll get those gusset kits ordered from walsh and get them ready to go.

FMFTRX250r
09-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Hey Pappy,

Are you for sure headed to Elkins soon? I ordered those kits from Walsh and should be in soon. I'm going to start getting stuff blasted up.

On average how much lower are engine temps when you moly coat a cylinder and head? Does the head have to be torn apart? Would you like to do this work before or after machine work?

Also do you have an anodized blue? I'd like to do my valve covers also.

Pappy
09-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Im supposed to be in Elkins next week but honestly im trying to fend off a bad cold/virus so im not sure I will go bear hunting....but heading to that area isnt a huge deal in the fall for me so no worries

Not sure on a real temp drop, I had a chart with some results from years ago but lord knows where it is, I know we found no appreciable increase in temps when powder coating engines and I cant see any negatives from the moly at all but pc is cheaper and easier for me. Before is usually best so that the parts are cleaned well before assembly but ive done them both ways.

I use a candy blue

FMFTRX250r
09-24-2010, 08:24 AM
I'm going to end up have 2 cylinders and 2 heads moly coated but both heads are going to sent for porting and valve jobs and both cylinders sent out for recoating. I didn't know how tuff the moly was. I didn't want to get I done then have the cylinders all beat up doing the machine work.

FMFTRX250r
12-31-2010, 08:05 AM
Hey Pappy

ive got 2 frames ready

LTR450

Frame - Bright White
Subframe, and Swing arm - Gloss Black

TRX450R
Frame - Gloss Black
Subframe - Bright White

man this year has been super busy and nothing has seemed to work out

what would you charge me to install a gussett kit on the honda frame?

Pappy
12-31-2010, 11:23 AM
I charge $55 to weld them in