PDA

View Full Version : SE Quads riders sept

EthansDad
09-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Hey Guys,

We missed a lot of you guys at Riverside. between the 6-under and 7-9 class there were only 4 quads! we really need to figure out a way to grow gates here in the southeast for minis, or find a series that is good for all so we can get some more kids on the gates.

Just an idea, does everyone have a gmail account? If not, I can send you an invite, just PM me your gmail address. I have a calendar on there with all the upcoming races we are tracking I can share to anyone interested. Also, if you see one I miss, you can post on the shared calendar and we can chat about it here. We are trying to get patched up for Durhamtown this weekend (see pic, oh yea, we broke a frame that day!), and should make it. Just not sure if I am locked in to that series all on the same track.

on a side note, here are some Riverside pics. Andrew and Ethan put on a show in the 6 and under class. They both have some well built 70s now, so look out for flying first/second graders! our fast 50 just couldn't hold off all you 70 mod guys anymore, so should be fun to try and find a 70 gate somewhere if we can get organized!

EthansDad
09-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Andrew was really flying out there, hitting the front side double every lap.

bigdeal00
09-14-2010, 05:58 PM
we average 12 on the gate on any quad night in the 70 class. 20 in the 0- 100 class. come on down. dade city is only 3 hrs from the GA. line:cool:

fastrnrik
09-15-2010, 03:50 AM
But there's no fast 50's at Dade City......

edwardsp&b
09-15-2010, 06:16 AM
We are going to make the trip down in the next couple of races. We have been wanting to get down there for a while to race, just havent had the opportunity. Should be fun!
Bryan

EthansDad
09-15-2010, 07:25 AM
you Dade City guys with your 20 on the gate just hush! Heck, you have so many, send your surplus up this way!

You guys should checkout the SE quads schedule at www.sequad.com, it comes down to South GA and South AL a a lot, and you'd get a chance to ride some tracks with elevation! Next one is monster mountain MX in south AL on oct 2nd.

We might come down there some time this off season, but we don't ride 50s in the off season. What is the 0-100 class like? are there super minis in that class? age range?

-EA

bigdeal00
09-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Classes are structured quite different than ama. The 50 class is the same as limited stk. in ama except we can run an axle and no oil injection. the 70 and 100 classes are basically the same thing. all stk parts except axle, shocks, rims , tires, and no oil injection. The classes are open to all cvt makes porting and clutching is encouraged. We get all we can out of the stock parts and it keeps it affordable and no matter how much money u have or dont have the racing is realllllllly competitive.the fastest kid normally wins the motos not the nicest most expensive bike.And Dade is unique in that they change the track after almost every race so if someone comes for the first time they have the same shot as someone who races there every week because its always different.By the way , anything not stk can run in the mod class. We have a couple of 2 fast bikes , a big bore Billy Holt apex and a nasty typhoon.;) anyone reading this post should check it out down here . We love to see new racers andwill be more than happy to have you. Camping is freeee with admission and there are lots of power hook ups that are first come .Man i feel like i wrote a commercial.:scary:

travis rimmer
09-15-2010, 06:49 PM
What class would a cobra 70 single speed run

EthansDad
09-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Is there a 70 mod class? I know a bunch of folks up this way run that type of setup. age range for the class?

-EA

bigdeal00
09-16-2010, 05:00 AM
No 70 mod class. They would probably put you with the other mods or maybe for a 1 timer with the stk 70 s and just not count the points for the season but just for fun so you could racewith kids his age. The 70 class is for 6 to 11 year olds. As for the cobra im sure you would run with the mod class.Trust me if you show up they will find you some to race with.

edwardsp&b
09-16-2010, 07:10 AM
Hey Deal,
How does the weekend go? Do we arrive Sat morning, race and leave Sat. night? Is this SSQSA or just Dade City? If so will SSQSA be running again?

I hate to hit you with all these questions, and hijack this thread. The reason Im asking is that we are probably done with our local series because there is no one to race. We are talking about hitting ALOT of the Fla races this offseason and next year. Not sure if we can run a bunch of Nat's next year, so we are looking for some action and Dade is about 6+hrs for us. The series we run now, travel time is that or longer, so why not travel the same distance and have better races.

Thanks bryan

thequadfather+2
09-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Am I confused or did the SEquad schedule change? I thought Mill Creek was in there again. I thought it was Oct 2nd, now its Monster Mountain.

We couldnt make Riverside. Every quad we have is torn apart right now. The Cobra is just a frame, the 90 is on the quad stand getting a suspension adjustment and the 70 needs rings.

You guys figure out some where to race and we can schedule it (make plans)....we will be there if I can get our quads finished.

edwardsp&b
09-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Sequads has changed the schedule a few times this year....the november race at pell city was moved, the october race being cancelled in 2 weeks.... we had one race cancelled the day before the race earlier this year....Points havent been updated since the 3rd race......

I can deal with all that, my problem is that if we have to drive minimum 4hrs and max 9 hrs to get to races that nobody attends whats the point. I dont mind driving, but i would like to have more than 2-3 quads to race against. Im just trying to figure out what would be better for us Fla series vs. Sequads.

If it wasnt so crappy up north Id consider moving there just to have good regionals and snowmobile racing. On second thought it would take more than that, but thats another topic. LOL

Bruce I love you guys, but right now at Sequads it would be jordan vs ben and maybe one more, that will get old quick. Im just weighing the options to see what suits us better. Im going to get with all the quad parents this weekend at Durhamtown to see if we can get together and find somewhere to race.

Btw I just dropped your box off a UPS.

bryan

Ride1Rob
09-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b
Hey Deal,
How does the weekend go? Do we arrive Sat morning, race and leave Sat. night? Is this SSQSA or just Dade City? If so will SSQSA be running again?

I hate to hit you with all these questions, and hijack this thread. The reason Im asking is that we are probably done with our local series because there is no one to race. We are talking about hitting ALOT of the Fla races this offseason and next year. Not sure if we can run a bunch of Nat's next year, so we are looking for some action and Dade is about 6+hrs for us. The series we run now, travel time is that or longer, so why not travel the same distance and have better races.

Thanks bryan

In Dade City you can arrive as early as Thursday during practice and stay til Sunday if you'd like. A few show up Friday night and camp as well. Practice before the Saturday races start at 3pm and the 1st moto (starting with the 50's) are on the gate at 5pm. This is not SSQSA btw as that series from what I heard has folded. It's strictly a local series that racers from all across the state attend. There are parents that attend every points night who live in the state that travel almost as far as your 6hrs. So it's well worth the trip and the track surely gives back to those that have supported it at the year end banquet.

edwardsp&b
09-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Cool, I appreciate that. I dont mind driving that far for a full gate. And it will be fun to race against new people.

Are there any talks going on of another circuit forming to replace SSQSA? Just curious. We will see yall in a couple of weeks.
Bryan

Ride1Rob
09-16-2010, 01:51 PM
You guys will be in Division 2 in the 90 Stk appearing class. Dillan Fallon and Seth Brown normally battle in that class. Seth has since gone to dirtbikes. Should be 10-11 bikes across the gate from you. They won't allow the Cobra as it has the RM motor in it and is considered non production. Maybe you can drop in the original motor and join us in mod as well ;) . Or you can run your 70mod with us in mod. Gary ran Dillan in Mod class on their 70 earlier this year for extra seat time. You'll definitely enjoy some good racing!

As far as SSQSA I haven't heard anything. Brett (The founder of SSQSA) is at DC every quad points weekend with RIPX. Regardless of what series there is around the state they normally arrange their schedule around DC. That's how many quads show up to race there.

greenmachine70
09-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b
Hey Deal,

Thanks bryan
We definitely have full gates. Would be cool to meet some of you guys. Deal will definitely make sure you know your way around. Let me know when you plan on attending and we will plan on arriving Friday night and camp out as well.
Oh yeah, there is a Dominoes Pizza right across the street to satisfy the late night cravings....LOL

edwardsp&b
09-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Did you say free electric and water? WOW

I'll get together with our groups this weekend and setup a date for us to come down. We might run this series on a regular basis just have to see. Thanks for all the info.
Bryan

greenmachine70
09-16-2010, 03:31 PM
you will not regret the trip if your looking for lots of minis to race. And watch some great racing in between.

greenmachine70
09-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Just read on the DCMX website that we will see the races on Sunday at 530 on our local cable station.
Starts in October so that means essentially 4 televised races!!

thequadfather+2
09-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Ride1Rob
You guys will be in Division 2 in the 90 Stk appearing class. Dillan Fallon and Seth Brown normally battle in that class. Seth has since gone to dirtbikes. Should be 10-11 bikes across the gate from you. They won't allow the Cobra as it has the RM motor in it and is considered non production. Maybe you can drop in the original motor and join us in mod as well ;) . Or you can run your 70mod with us in mod. Gary ran Dillan in Mod class on their 70 earlier this year for extra seat time. You'll definitely enjoy some good racing!

As far as SSQSA I haven't heard anything. Brett (The founder of SSQSA) is at DC every quad points weekend with RIPX. Regardless of what series there is around the state they normally arrange their schedule around DC. That's how many quads show up to race there.

Actually he has a 70ss he is playing with:D we have one too along with a 70 and 90 DRR but I dont think anything we have would be able to run anything but mod classes. It would be 12 hours for us but if we can plan far enough ahead we may be able to do it....

EthansDad
09-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Good stuff guys. Are most planning at being at Durhamtown this weekend? we're getting their sat morning and staying through sunday. As Bryan said, let's get together sometime during the weekend as a group and chat about series options. Maybe Saturday around 4pm over at little buck?

bigdeal00
09-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Hey Bryan , sorry i havent responded but i was up in ur neck of the woods thursday night & just got home.I can see its all good though Rob ansewered ur questions.If you guys need any more info please ask . As you know the more racers the better.I will warn you though our mosquitos are as big as your yellow flies!!!!