PDA

View Full Version : any one with lt50 race results

desratt
09-14-2010, 11:07 AM
anyone... how was it and what mods..

i'm sure it would have to be modded out like crazy

airmobile101
09-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Well........ in 2008, my son ran his Kawasaki 4-stroke against a Suzuki lt50 2-smoke. Pretty much stock against stock and he killed the LT50. No comparison. Those things are slugs.

desratt
09-14-2010, 02:14 PM
yea i am wondering if it is at all possible to compete with the race 2 strokes.. we race a drr but I want my son to get used to a 4 stroke .. maybe a drag race between a lt or kfx50 4 stroke and a stock drr 50

airmobile101
09-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by desratt
yea i am wondering if it is at all possible to compete with the race 2 strokes.. we race a drr but I want my son to get used to a 4 stroke .. maybe a drag race between a lt or kfx50 4 stroke and a stock drr 50
The Kawi won't hang with a DRR off the line. Believe me, we spent two years racing against them. On the mid to top end, yes it can,but we dumped alot of money into that Kawi to do that. Those DRR's are just flat out fast! Trust me, the LT50 isn't even an option. The LTZ50 is a different story....

desratt
09-15-2010, 11:34 AM
we have a drr. but thinking of getting a lt 50 for my daughter

airmobile101
09-15-2010, 03:53 PM
If you can get it for cheap as a beginner bike, then I don't see why not. But I wouldn't expect that thing to be raced. I take that back.......... It would be good for her to get her feet wet in a race with it. Then you and her will have an idea where to go from there. IMO

Hemi636
09-19-2010, 04:11 AM
We had an 03 Suzuki LTA50 (2-stroke) and an 06 LTZ50 (4stroke) They were both good for learning to ride. They are small, and have small brake levers. My boys each started on then when they were 3 years old.

The 2 stroke has intake and exhaust restrictors that need removed to get it to run good in addition to a K&N filter and larger jet. Those mods wake it up some.

The 4 stroke has a very low rev limit from the factory, so you'll have to replace the CDI with a Dynatech or some say you can use one from a LTZ90. (we used the Dynatech, and it made a big difference) It also has a restrictor in the front variator that needs removed to allow belt travel, and you'll probably want to remove 3 of the front variator weights, that seemed to help some for us.

When the boys wanted to start racing we got schooled by the Drr's and Apex's at the track. We didn't have the money to run out and buy two new quads, so we kept racing the little zuks for the last half of the season. There were a couple other kids racing similar performing quads (Polaris & Kymco) so they had fun for awhile. Eventually, they started asking for a DRR.

The Suzuki's were both great quads to learn on, and very dependable little machines, but they're not made to be competitive on the track. They have too narrow of a stance, they lack power, and the suspension does not work well at all.