PDA

View Full Version : Holeshot MXR 6?

Burns310r
09-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Anybody run them? How do you like them.

My last set was MXR 4 and they where nice.

SilverLake250R
09-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Just depends on if you want 18" or 19"...

09-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Everyone I talk to really likes the MXR6. They seem to be a popular tire.

CODY_M11
09-14-2010, 01:49 PM
I ran mine In a whole season of motocross and have had them for like three years. I run the 18s and they are the best tires I have ever ran. They grab awesome. When I switched to these tires In motocross I moved up to top three places every race and got whole shot every time.

YFZ_Racer42
09-14-2010, 02:43 PM
The MXR4 were the first model of tire done to deal with the 4-strokes torque, the standard holeshot was too soft to deal with it so ITP came with this one in 04' and was available in 18 and 19 inch, two years later, they came with the MXR6 that was supposed to last longer than the MXR4 due to another mix of rubber and was a little more stiff to have more traction in corner but they are offred only in 18 inch and they kept the MXR4 for the 19 inch

Personally, the tire I've prefered is the holeshot SX, but the MXR6 is good in every type of terrain, sandy to hardpack, but on the hardpack, seems like you don't have all the traction needed in corner and are a little slippery in high speed corners, other than that it's a very good tire as the MXR4 was!

Derrick Adams
09-14-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm a Maxxis Razr believer now. I ran the MXR6 rears on my 330R for about half a season (5 races) and there was nothing left of the side treads. The two stroke spins the tires so fast it literally ripped the tread right off the tires. After that I switched to the Razrs and they work SWEET! I have a whole season on them and they still look new.

09-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Derrick Adams
I'm a Maxxis Razr believer now. I ran the MXR6 rears on my 330R for about half a season (5 races) and there was nothing left of the side treads. The two stroke spins the tires so fast it literally ripped the tread right off the tires. After that I switched to the Razrs and they work SWEET! I have a whole season on them and they still look new.

Do you have the Razr MX or the Razr Cross tires?

89trx250r
09-14-2010, 06:54 PM
ya know i felt the same at first but now i cant run a razr on the rear over a hole-shot the hole-shot just seems to hook up soo much better i agree that the razr will last you longer but i guess everyone's dirt is different. as far as front the razrcross is probably one of the best if not the best tire ever designed those tires win races imo

oldschoolr
09-14-2010, 09:37 PM
The mx6 is a good tire but check around there are a lot of newer tires out there like the Goldspeed, Hoosier or Quadcross.. I got to a lot of mx nationals and none of the top classes run any kind of holeshots any more.. The only holeshots i see are on kids quads.. not trying to a *** but some of the newer tires hook up so much better..