PDA

View Full Version : CT Stroker Piston???

IMSROLL450R
09-13-2010, 07:53 PM
I picked up a Stroker bottom end built by CT and wondered if it required a special piston? I know some stroked motors require a certain type piston but not sure about the +4mm stroked motors. I was just gonna put a stock cylinder with a higher comp piston in it but just looking for advice... Thanks fellas.

togup
09-14-2010, 02:57 AM
My advice is to contact CT and get their recomendation for a piston, but a +4 mm stroker crank needs a stroker piston . Ive had bad experiences mixing brands of stroker cranks and pistons ,like the dreaded piston / valve clearance issues or lack of clearance to be more precise. Just keep in mind zero deck hight is what you are shooting for.

MR4Engine202
09-14-2010, 06:07 PM
IMSROLL450R clean out your inbox

IMSROLL450R
09-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by MR4Engine202
IMSROLL450R clean out your inbox

Cleaned thanks man.

IMSROLL450R
09-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by togup
My advice is to contact CT and get their recomendation for a piston, but a +4 mm stroker crank needs a stroker piston . Ive had bad experiences mixing brands of stroker cranks and pistons ,like the dreaded piston / valve clearance issues or lack of clearance to be more precise. Just keep in mind zero deck hight is what you are shooting for.

I will probably call them but Im sure a stoker piston would be a good idea. Its going in a buddies bike but Im putting it together so I want it to be right. Hopefully it runs strong...

Sweaney
09-14-2010, 07:49 PM
who is dumb enough to let you build their engine?

just kidding. but really, who's bike is it going in? when are you going to go get mine?

IMSROLL450R
09-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Sweaney
who is dumb enough to let you build their engine?

just kidding. but really, who's bike is it going in? when are you going to go get mine?

Haha some dude here in Riverton that blew his 400 up. We have more than enough spare crap laying around to put one together so this stroker bottom end should get used. Was only 300 bucks. I will probably go get yours not this weekend but the next. I need something else to mess with building this one of mine is so SLOW. Still waiting on the powdercoater but will start a thread when I get it all back this friday. I twisted one of the heims on the upper arms off so I gotta get that out somehow. It was SEIZED to say the least but I think I can soak it and get it out. Already ordered a new heim and those spacers you told me to get. I will sure be glad to have yours to look at while Im puting this one together because refering to the microfiche for every bolt is getting REAL old.....

Sweaney
09-15-2010, 06:36 PM
yeah and you need a bike to abuse until you get yours done.

IMSROLL450R
09-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Sweaney
yeah and you need a bike to abuse until you get yours done.

Like a red headed step child....