PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 250 Suspension

rf928
09-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Hey guys, Looks like we might build a raptor 250, And I was just wondering what shocks would be the best for it. I ride a cobra ECX 70, and LOVE the fox podium X. Can I put X's on my raptor or should I go with Elka stage 3 or 4. We have already ruled out the floats, but are open to suggestions. What are the Works blk widows like? We plan on leagers +2+1 A-arms and stock swing arm.

Thx

xcquadracer
09-13-2010, 02:12 PM
Why'd you rule out the floats? I have floats up front and podium x rear shock with LSR a arms and I love them.

john willhoite
09-13-2010, 02:15 PM
We have fox all around and it is a very plush ride.

mxdad423
09-13-2010, 05:26 PM
WOW, why would you rule out the Floats, we are running JB LT A-ars and JB swing arm with the Float E-Vol on the front and the Podium on the rear and it rides and handles like a dream......We wont run anything but the Fox on any of our machines.

Kevin Smitley

Ryko racing
09-14-2010, 07:58 AM
talk to snox 139 he has top notch raptors and has done all the homework.

his name is jake geeseman

rf928
09-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Well, We live in alberta canada, and how do floats compare to Pure dust one weekend and pure mud the next weekend. We also ride alot in the winter, and in the dunes, and in the west country. We relly don't want floats because we have heard that they need rebuilding every 10 hours. Raptor would be my race and practice bike. Is it possible to put podium X's on the front?

Thx

john willhoite
09-14-2010, 10:40 AM
the floats are not "set it and forget it shocks"

We check the air settings every ride.

aao9y
09-14-2010, 04:44 PM
I run the elkas stage 3 and i think there just fine. I use the lone star +3 out +1 forward on standerd langth shox. I havent had a problem with them.

mxdad423
09-15-2010, 08:11 AM
We rebuild ours once a year and have never had any issues, we have ran them on our 90 250 for the past several years with no issues. As far as setting them and forgetting them, the only thing we have to do is chect the air psi, well I shouldn't say we have to but I do, I check them before evey moto and have yet to see either on the 90 or the 250 change, now we do loose about 4 - 5 psi in the evo chamber between weekends, but other than that we never have to touch them.
We have ran Works, Elka's, and Fox, the Fox have by far been the best and we have no plans on switching any time soon, plus their customer service is WAY better than the others, at least for us it has been.
As far as the dust and mud, we run in bad dust and mud all the time, never had any issues. Just remember shocks are like any other thing, people will have differfant opinions, I can only tell you what experiece's I have had and what has worked for us.

Kevin Smitley

QuadJunkies
09-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Fox- BAR NONE !

We run every element racing and they perform OUTSTANDING !
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/121966529.jpg

QuadJunkies
09-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by rf928
We relly don't want floats because we have heard that they need rebuilding every 10 hours.

Thx

What??? Ive never heard this and most certainly not our quads . We have had some shock issues on my Daughters 450 but that due to another issue causing the shock to break.
We love having Fox too due to the AWESOME rider support they offer at each and every WORCS round . There support is so worth every dime we spend on the shocks ,plus we get them dialed in well.
We are currently running one of the logest Fox shocks for the 250. Same as the KTM shocks , I believe even a tad longer . We worked all last winter with Fox to produce one hell of a suspension kit ,we teamed out set up with Teixeira Tech to allow best geometry .

06 300ex red
11-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by rf928
Well, We live in alberta canada, and how do floats compare to Pure dust one weekend and pure mud the next weekend. We also ride alot in the winter, and in the dunes, and in the west country. We relly don't want floats because we have heard that they need rebuilding every 10 hours. Raptor would be my race and practice bike. Is it possible to put podium X's on the front?

Thx

If you live in canada go with some elka's they're made in canada and i likem

mxdad423
11-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
What??? Ive never heard this and most certainly not our quads . We have had some shock issues on my Daughters 450 but that due to another issue causing the shock to break.
We love having Fox too due to the AWESOME rider support they offer at each and every WORCS round . There support is so worth every dime we spend on the shocks ,plus we get them dialed in well.
We are currently running one of the logest Fox shocks for the 250. Same as the KTM shocks , I believe even a tad longer . We worked all last winter with Fox to produce one hell of a suspension kit ,we teamed out set up with Teixeira Tech to allow best geometry .

AGREED......We have ran the floats for 4 years now, on the 90 and the 250. We rebuild ours once a year in the off season and thats it, never had any issues with them. we race anywhere between 18 and 25 races a year, plus practice, so the every ten hours thing, I think somebody gave bad info.

Kevin Smitley