PDA

View Full Version : won't start..valves?

cant400exbeatit
09-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Hey guys,
I have a 2008 kicker. No motor work done...just pipe and air filter. Went on a 60 mile poker run this past weekend and the quad ran great...no problems. I brought it home, unloaded it off the truck and it wouldn't start. It's getting spark, and seems to be getting enough gas(i pulled the plug after kicking it about 15 times and the plug was a little wet, but not soaked). Do you guys think the valves need adjusted?....i haven't had to adjust them yet since i bought it. It sounds like valves might be the problem, but i didn't think all the sudden it would just quit on me....i thought you would be able to tell over a period of time that the valves were starting to get out of spec. Any thoughts would be appreciated, just looking for a little input before i start tearing it apart.

Also:
-it was EXTREMELY dusty at the poker run.
-when i kick it over, it backfires every once in a while, but won't start.

Scro
09-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Even if you weren't having the starting issues, it's due for a valve check anyway. I guessing that is your problem. Did you clean your filter after the ride?

cant400exbeatit
09-13-2010, 12:51 PM
yes, i cleaned the filter..still no start. Also, i've checked the valves a few times before, i just haven't had to adjust or shim them yet.

DnB_racing
09-13-2010, 05:35 PM
try giving a bump start just to make sure it will run! that way you can take most any other problem off the list