PDA

View Full Version : yfz axle help

EPDP99
09-13-2010, 10:55 AM
I got a buddy doing a full rebuild on his quad. He put a new gforce axle in it with new carrier bearings and seals. When the axle is in and the sproket hub and rotor hub are in the correct place the axle is extremely hard to turn even without having the lock nut on the axle yet. It is a twin lipped seal which appears to be the issue. We can run it as I'm sure the seal will wear down quick but fear it will wear a groove into the hubs for both the rotor and sproket. The seals are aftermarket, I think he said they were pivot works twin lip off hand. This is for a 05 yfz450 with the old style carier. has anyone had a problem with new seals when putting the carrier/axle together? Is there something we can do to make it work properly?

Dirtjunkie85
09-15-2010, 02:14 PM
I'd say maybe call whoever you bought it from and ask for tech help

Jim417mx
09-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Honestly I know this isnt what you want to hear, but I would return the gforce, and buy a RPM, and purchae the correct seals. I went the cheap route and bought a g-force, it bent the FIRST RIDE and it ended up costing me $4,000 in hospital bills a few weeks later because it broke going UP the face of a 40 foot table and sent me flying...

EPDP99
09-19-2010, 03:06 PM
update: it was all problems with powdercoated parts where the sandblasting made it rough. once "smoothed/polished" up and a little lube no issues at all. Its for my buddy so I advised him about your thoughts.