PDA

View Full Version : jetting for no airbox lid

mhewitt
09-12-2010, 09:25 PM
i have an 06 450er everything stock exept a uni filter, i want to remove the airbox lid and want to know howi should adjust the carb to compensate for the extra air. exhaust is completely stock with spark arrestor/baffle still installed, would need carb adjustments for if i want to take the baffle out also. thanks

DnB_racing
09-13-2010, 07:13 AM
if you remove air box cover and still have stock baffle installed, it wont breath much better with cover off, you really should do both for good aspiration, with your setup for jetting just run it and see if you have any flat spots. I dont think that you will have to go much bigger than you allready have in there, that being said they run lean to begin with. and a 140 main might be close with just cover removed for both removed around 155 should be in the ball park, but you will have to run it and check for sure!

mhewitt
09-15-2010, 04:45 PM
if i remove the lid now, anything over 25% throttle just bogs down

DnB_racing
09-15-2010, 08:04 PM
what size jet is in it? if the throttle is over 1/4 when it bogs then its definitely the main. but does it bog like a rev limit(4 cycling) or does it cut out like popping need to be as specific as possible to try determine if rich or lean, I would guess its lean, if it ran good with lid on, and then remove and it boggs. then go bigger in the main, you cant hurt the motor if to rich, but you can toast it if to lean