PDA

View Full Version : all long islanders...ride at riverhead pit this weekend

ny300exrider
02-06-2003, 03:52 PM
hey long islanders we are having a big get together at the riverhead sandpit this weekend....alot of freinds are coming and some kids from bluetraxx are coming too....like to see some more ex's out there, if you can come try to...it will be cool, if you want directions ill post them up here only if you promise not to ride on the road alot and wear a helmet lol...so if ya wanna come...hollaa:huh :ermm: lol...
eric

NYLT250
02-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Eric ill be there this weekend and I'm also bringin some friends... Stefan and his 300ex, and possibly Jackie and his 240 Blaster.This pit is one of the dopest ive been to and is really fun to be at. Also cops dont hassle you when your here you are ALOUD to ride. As long as wearin helments. There is normally a viriety of bikes many Banshees, 400exs and you meet very nice people. So if your intrested in coming tell either Eric or me and we will provide you with directions.

QuadTrix6
02-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Hmmmm, what day are you planing on doing this and whats at this pit jumps ?...well who cares ill be there send me directions sounds like fun, and it would be nice to meet up with you guys :D

Quadtrix6@aol.com

honda400exrider
02-06-2003, 06:02 PM
i might show, but i need directions... and this weekend being 2/7-8/03?

ny300exrider
02-06-2003, 07:47 PM
here are the direction from west(not you dan)quadtrix here ya go...there isnt many jumps but there are plenty challenging hills, bowls type things ect...its a real fun place...ill paste the directions

ny300exrider
02-06-2003, 07:48 PM
oh here are the directions to it...its simple get on l.i.e. to exit 71 riverhead/calverton

come down the exit ramp and make a left at the stop sign...cross over the road.

you will see a hess gas station to the left , keep going straight

you will cross over train tracks and see calverton links(golf course) to the left and you know your goin the right way...keep straight on that road.

you will get to an intersection with a resturant called crossroads at the right....go straight at the light

make your first right onto Riley Ave.. there is a big sump to the left when you turn onto Riley so u know your goin good.

go down all the way down riley ave.(my house is on this road on the left side but that dont matter lol) until the end(you will pass riley ave. elementry school.

when you get to the end of riley go straight onto yougs ave.

keep on youngs, you will do a sharp type turn down youngs but its the only way to go(do not turn, the road just turns). after this turn go straight on youngs and follow it all the way.you will pass a farm with horses and will end up by crown sanititation(a dump).

if you see the dump your in the right place, pass the dump until your at the end of the road and look to your right and you will see the tracks into the pit

there is an area in front of it to park or you can park on the side of the road...you will probably see trailors and trucks there...its hard to miss

it is on the corner of youngs and osbourne so just follow youngs all he way....and your there...hard to miss and there are hills all around it with tracks leading in...hope to see some guys there

ny300exrider
02-06-2003, 07:52 PM
for dan you gotta get down sound through jamesport into riverhead....if you know were splish splash is its close.....pass splish splash (it would be on ur left) and ride that road to the light there.at the light make a right down edwards ave and follow the above direction by turning onto riley(first right by a sump) then follow the directions above...you can also get there by osbourne ave. but im not exactly sure of the directions...iif you really need them and ur gonna come...just giv me a call and itd be easier..later

ny300exrider
02-06-2003, 07:53 PM
me and my freinds will be there this sat and sun anytime really...yes 7-8 bye:) hopefulkly i can meet you guys:blah

QuadTrix6
02-07-2003, 12:25 PM
you still going with all this snow ????:grr

ny300exrider
02-07-2003, 01:07 PM
well since i live real close i am still going ....i went today and it was pretty hard to ride in it and i could barely make it in ahhaha....i know nobody is gonna come so maybe we will do it next weekend...whatevers better for you because ill be going both ways anyway...later

QuadTrix6
02-07-2003, 04:18 PM
yea ill def be there when the snow goes away i hate snow, mud...you get the point :devil

NYLT250
02-07-2003, 05:53 PM
yo i am going to the pit tomm its madd fun even with snow i am riding 2 stroke and i still make it so im sure you guys can also on SUNDAY it wont be too bad and all the banshee guys will be there to get rida the snow so it will be fun even with snow we can jus ride until it loosens up ya kno'? i hope you guys join me and eric on either saturday the 8th or sunday the 9th and if not defently next weekend its pretty fun and cops are not a hassel (ya makes u think how many places are like that well here it is)

NYLT250
02-07-2003, 07:07 PM
anyone gonna join us

QuadTrix6
02-08-2003, 02:33 PM
i might come down tomm the 9th, if not ill def be there another time

ORW
02-13-2003, 11:40 AM
how was it i couldn't attend cause my bike is still apart anyone take any pics