PDA

View Full Version : warrior vs 300ex vs mojave

sycoracer911
02-06-2003, 03:45 PM
ok i want a non byist answer. which is better for racing? trail quad? jumper? and works the best with mods? im kinda leaning twards the warrior.how well do they work with mods

redrider ex
02-06-2003, 03:54 PM
i have had all three and hands down i would pick the 300 ex and the mojave second the warrior has a low tech motor only 2 valves and weighs the most .

sycoracer911
02-06-2003, 04:01 PM
what is so good about a 300ex

sycoracer911
02-06-2003, 04:03 PM
did u like the warrior? did u have n e probs with it

phatswinn
02-06-2003, 04:28 PM
well, the 300 is best on the track cuz of hondas great handling, it also has a wider stance and lower seay hieght than a raturd, warriors are heavy muthas but funn to ride and they dont have as good of suspension as the 300, the mojave isnt good for much, its a dohc (duel over head cam) more spinning weight means slower revving and the dont have very good handling charactaristicts, the 300ex has the most aftermarket mods to be had too, not to mention its the best looking of all 3 , and ya can get a year old used one for 3500 easy

300ex is chinese approved!:chinese:

redrider ex
02-06-2003, 05:30 PM
the warriors are bad about the intakes cracking open when jumped alot and if you like to ride wheelies for get it on a warrior

osrider
02-06-2003, 06:26 PM
I havent rode a 300ex nor a mojave but, I love my warrior. It has a low-tech motor but thats alright. I only have a few things done but I can easily get it to wheelie. I can get it up in 3rd sometimes and I only weigh 148. I wouldn't agree with the 300ex having more accessories. They seem about the same to me, but I dont know. I was wanting a 300ex till' I sat on one and it just seemed too small. The warrior is pretty fast with the few mods and 22' altracs, but nothing like the high performance quads of course. I'm completely satisfied with it. It's had excellent reliability. You should go test ride each one and see which fits you the best and everything.

toby400ex
02-06-2003, 07:10 PM
I still have my 300ex, and ive ridden a mojave quite a few times, the mojave is quick in a straight line. After that straight line ends it just gets scary. I know a guy, ive only known him for a year and in that time his warrior has had serious engine troubles like 3 times. SO i wouldnt think about getting a warrior unless you are just way to big for a 300ex.

300EXrider02
02-06-2003, 08:48 PM
warrior honestly doen not respond to well to the nromal mods you will find people to have, pipe, jets, filter, etc, i have heard their front is heavy and intake is no good
majave is very small, jsut warning you, and a bit slow, it is quick, but not good in handling, the 300ex, is good on handling, very low top-end so dont expect to be draging at high speeds and beating people. the 300ex takes the win i think, not becasue i own one or becasue this site is exriders.com becuase it is the best in most characteristics, i have ridden warrior, and i do like their 6th gear, but i feel i am riding a tank with no power, and the mojave i feel like i am rding a tricycle

cabex
02-06-2003, 09:19 PM
what? the 300ex has a low tech engine too. it only has 2 valves dosn;t it. correct me if I am wrong.

KrazyKid300ex
02-07-2003, 04:44 AM
4 valves. the 250ex has 2 valves

osrider
02-07-2003, 07:10 AM
I dont see where you get that the warrior is slow in comparison...I have no trouble with 300ex's. I like 300's but they just felt too small for me and the warrior was just right. It doesnt feel like a tank, I can throw it around like any other. I guess it depends on your size and everything though. I'd say just pick the one that fits you best cause the warrior will suck for you if it's too big and the 300ex will suck for you if it's too small.

OCCRA288
02-07-2003, 08:06 AM
Okay Guys! here's what it boils down to.
I've raced a Warrior and a 300EX in my XC series.
Out of the two, I felt the 300 was the better bike because after the races, I didn't need anyone to carry me to the truck. But I have to say a few things about the Warrior, Engine is Bulletproof, Good top end, handling is kinda sketchy though.

I don't really know where the Mojave fits in, I know the motor is the most high tech in the sport class quads, but handling look to be as bad as if not worse than the Warrior.

mascman
02-07-2003, 10:54 PM
ok i want a non byist answer.

If you really want a non-biased answer I don't think you should ask on a quad specific forum. If you asked this question on the Yamaha forum the warrior would come out on top. Of course since I own a Warrior I will say it is better!

Most likely whichever quad you get you are going to modify. I am building my motor to 30hp. My Works dual rates are being built right now. I have Holeshots all around. My quad will kill a stock Warrior, 300ex or Mojave.

I guess what I am trying to say is buy the quad that you like the best, the one that looks good to you, or feels right when you sit on it. You know what I mean? I have always liked the Warrior, it just feels right to me. Now, with a little money and work it will be one of a kind and competitive. The best part is making it into your own special machine.

Sorry if I am a little off topic here...buy the one that moves you!

RED121572
02-08-2003, 08:53 AM
I had a 300EX for a year. It may not be the fastest, or quickest bike on the planet. But they sure are alot of fun ride!