PDA

View Full Version : Cant keep the seat on!

Honda 250r 001
09-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Anyone ever had troubles keepin the seat on a 250r when racin mx or sx? Ive had it fall off 3 times now and its starting to piss me off. The problem with my seat is the front mount comes off the round knobs on the frame and then the front pops off! Is there any solution to this? Any aftermarket front latch? Or has anyone ever made custom mounts?

JTRtrx250r
09-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Ive had mine come off a few times till I slid some thin wall plastic tube (think cheap garden hose) over the 2 rear pins that sit in the rear grommets, hasn't come off since, seems like it helped keep the front more solid also

might be worth a try to see it helps anyway *shrug

atvmxr
09-12-2010, 02:38 PM
you know there is supposed to be rubber grommets around the steel rods on the frame for the front mount, right?

only time I ever had issues with my seat when the back plastic pin broke off the pan. put an OMF on it and never had anymore problems...

Honda 250r 001
09-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by atvmxr
you know there is supposed to be rubber grommets around the steel rods on the frame for the front mount, right?

only time I ever had issues with my seat when the back plastic pin broke off the pan. put an OMF on it and never had anymore problems...

Yes I have them in place. But the frame mount doesnt slide inside the seat mount all the way in the front. I might have to slot the seat mount and slide it foreward so it sets tight against the frame mount.

1promodfan
09-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Do you have a stock latch or aftermarket??

Honda 250r 001
09-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
Do you have a stock latch or aftermarket??

Ive got a stock rear seat latch. But the rear is not the problem! its the front, and i dont believe they make an aftermarket front latch.

Pumashine
09-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Honda 250r 001
Ive got a stock rear seat latch. But the rear is not the problem! its the front, and i dont believe they make an aftermarket front latch.

If the round rubber gromets in the front don't fit tight you can get harder ones with a little smaller diameter hole in the center for worn out mounts. UPP makes an aftermarket seat nubbin for the 250r. They push on real tight. Made of a little harder poly and stay in place without ever having to mess with them again.

croat1
09-13-2010, 05:32 PM
another option: go to your local autoparts store and ask for monroe shock bushings part number p148. i've never tried it but this has come up before on forums before and i wrote down the info. search "monroe" on this forum for the thread. credit to rich250rracer

86 Quad R
09-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by croat1
another option: go to your local autoparts store and ask for monroe shock bushings part number p148.

i've used 'em for years. they work great.:cool: