PDA

View Full Version : needs some help... neutral light stuck on

Tommy 17
02-06-2003, 03:25 PM
i put it in gear and it still stays on... i just put it all back together... b4 this the neutral light has never worked for about 6 months????:huh i moved all the connects to see if one was loose and can't find nothing... any help would be appreciated..

killed300ex
02-06-2003, 03:27 PM
you have all your wiring hooked up right? Casue thats what it sounds like might be the problem.
killed

Tommy 17
02-06-2003, 03:32 PM
i thought the wireing was idiot proof haha... u can't mix up the connectors they only go in one way... and u just match the wire colors on the other ones:huh

i know i know i'm stupid:huh

ridesa02400EX
02-06-2003, 04:15 PM
just disconnect it

Tommy 17
02-06-2003, 04:34 PM
how do i do that???:confused: i never played with it b4 i dunno where its even located at...

02-06-2003, 04:50 PM
Thomas your wires under your front plastic is were the issue is at...after Rico Jr. chewed up my wiring harness 20 times..I know the wires perty good..;) check all the quick connects real good.. your puttin a drain on the battery if it stays on non-stop...:(

toby400ex
02-06-2003, 04:51 PM
the little thingy that tells the light when it is in neutral is down by the front sprocket cover, but thats all i can think of, maybe you plugged it in to something else. but i dunno:confused:

ridesa02400EX
02-06-2003, 05:02 PM
look underneath the front plastic i think the neutral light is either the dark green wire and the black wire or the light green wire to figure it out just go underneath the front plastic and find the wire coming from the neutral light and just follow it until you find where its connected and pull it apart

Leo
02-06-2003, 06:26 PM
If you had the front plastic off and the wiring disconnected, re-check it...

there are two wires that are very close in color that can be hooked up backwards.. this results in the N light staying on..

(don't ask me how I learned this.. lol)

Leo

Guy400
02-06-2003, 06:31 PM
I've got a related problem but slightly different. When I shift into neutral the light may not come on at all or if it does, it's only on for a couple of seconds and then it flickers and goes out. If the quad is turned off and the key is on while it's in neutral the light stays on no problem. Occasionally the light will stay on while it's running in neutral but I'd say only about a tenth of the time. I'm guessing the switch inside the case is flaking out because the quad has no problems remaining in neutral mechanically speaking and it's easy to find while running.

muff
02-06-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
the little thingy that tells the light when it is in neutral is down by the front sprocket cover, but thats all i can think of, maybe you plugged it in to something else. but i dunno:confused:

thats on a 300ex

I believe you are just having problems where the actual light is plugged in, follow the 2 wires coming down from the neutral light and make sure they are plugged into the correct wires, colors are easy to get mixed up when everything looks easy

Ralph
02-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I've got a related problem but slightly different. When I shift into neutral the light may not come on at all or if it does, it's only on for a couple of seconds and then it flickers and goes out. If the quad is turned off and the key is on while it's in neutral the light stays on no problem. Occasionally the light will stay on while it's running in neutral but I'd say only about a tenth of the time. I'm guessing the switch inside the case is flaking out because the quad has no problems remaining in neutral mechanically speaking and it's easy to find while running.

maybe a loose conection, and when it vibraes it flickers, but toby is right, that wire that runs over your sprocket cover goes to the neutral light...

eldoexrider01
02-06-2003, 08:33 PM
it sounds like u are overriding the neutral saftey switch. (i did it on my 350 4x4 so it would start in gear.

Tommy 17
02-06-2003, 08:52 PM
guy mine use to do that... soon as u touch the gas it goes out...

under the plastic i was showing kara my quad and i didn't have much time but i pulled apart the darker color wires and it went out??? but then i tried to put them together and they stuck on:grr haha i'll go make sure i have the right colors together tomorrow... i don't really care if it works i don't want it to screw up anythign else though...