PDA

View Full Version : Adding kicker to 07 TRX450ER

ridersonline
09-12-2010, 01:52 AM
I've read several threads and installation guides about adding a kicker to my 07 TRX450ER on several sites. I've seen a couple guys comment that they just put the whole 05 parts and it worked fine.

My question: Does anyone know FIRST HAND that the spindle, collar and spring MUST BE 06+ ?

I ask because I know the info has been shared... reshared... rewritten... and passed around a lot. I am just wondering if anyone can confirm personally that I must have these 06+ parts. I already have all the 05 stuff now and it would be nice not to repurchase the new versions if possible.

What's the difference in these parts ?

Thanks guys !

Scro
09-12-2010, 07:47 AM
That is correct. You will need the 06+ spindle, collar, and spring. There's also one other part you will need. The gear between the kicker spindle and the clutch basket - you will need the retainer bracket that holds this in place. The 04-05 bracket is offset too much. The gear works fine. Everything else will also bolt up fine.

ridersonline
09-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Dustin whats the problem with the 05 parts... have you compared them... or are you passing others info ?

Thanks... Jeff aka BOLT

Scro
09-13-2010, 06:46 AM
Personal experience on several motors. The spindle is not long enough, the collar and spring are not wide enough.

ridersonline
09-13-2010, 05:32 PM
Thank you Dustin !