PDA

View Full Version : Lexx

hellshot00
09-11-2010, 06:49 PM
so im thinkign about getting the lexx MXe slip-on pipe for $200 wondering if anyone owns this pipe or who knows anything about it it seems like a good deal for 200 comes with a racing tipwhich takes out the spark arrestor and baffle or you can keep them in thanks guys and heres a link if anyone wants to take a look at it or something.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=57&navTitle=Exhaust&webCatId=18&keyword=LEXX&prodFamilyId=19536

CJM
09-11-2010, 08:00 PM
I have one, its ok.

-No matter what the slip on doesnt hold on to well cause it only has springs that hold on the mid pipe-not to the headers like some others Ive seen.

-The way it mounts leaves alot to be desired, it causes the midpipe to not go on far enough to the headers, and despite bashing the midpipe mount to make it work better and using a large muffler style clamp I still have a leak. I been debating taking my header to a muffler shop and making them expand it to match the collar of the mid pipe.

Other than it not sealing very well it sounds good and worked ok for what it is. I wish I had about something better but Im to lazy and cheap to change it now.

hellshot00
09-11-2010, 09:00 PM
is it worth the money though at all?

CJM
09-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Yea, its a cheap and decent aftermarket exhaust. I mean I didnt notice a huge gain but its there-in my case I have a worked 416 anyways so for me an exhaust is really a moot point.

For what you pay its ok, there is better but if your on abudget it will work.

Rkangel7
09-12-2010, 12:36 AM
I like my Lexx better than my old White Bros.

Although, as mentioned the Lexx does not have a clamp where it connects to the header. Instead there is an aluminum sleeve that goes between the header and mid-pipe. This is the area that they could have designed a little better, because the mounts for the mid-pipe and silencer still use Honda's stock rubber mounting locations on the subframe. The stock rubber mounts allow a bit of movement in the exhaust which can cause the pipe to slide back and forth on the aluminum sleeve. A muffler clamp will help, but I think replacing the rubber subframe mounts with something more rigid would get rid of a lot of excess movement that causes leaks. Just an idea.

supertrooper90
09-12-2010, 06:51 AM
I like lexx pipe for the money. mine leaked, but i used some hi temp rtv and it seems to be fine. I think it sounds better than my old fmf that broke too.

rynb15
09-12-2010, 09:13 AM
i got one. for 200 bucks its awesome. its loud with out the spark arrestor. i say get it. if you spent 500 on a pipe you might get like 1 more hp. use that saved money for better stuff.

hellshot00
09-12-2010, 11:39 AM
thanks guys and yeah im rather on a budget and for 200 bucks it seems like a relaly good deal

yellow02400ex
09-12-2010, 01:36 PM
I almost bought the lexx but I said **** it and bought the HMF comp and love it

hellshot00
09-12-2010, 02:38 PM
not to big on hmf yet they do sound nice think i might just scrounge around for a cheap pipe used

HondaRacing83
09-12-2010, 03:53 PM
where in pa are you?

hondanator
09-13-2010, 07:02 PM
i like my lexx alot and i like the idea i can throw the baffle in it if i want to use it to get to my hunting spot. its just as quiet as my father in laws 350 rancher

Ian400ex
09-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Check out my pictures, it sounds pretty good; it never loses its tone in the powerband like HMF's do.

Rkangel7
09-17-2010, 10:17 PM
Just make sure to tighten the mounting bolts firmly, and check them regularly. Because there is no pipe clamp, any looseness here will allow the mid pipe to slide around on the header or sleeve. Also don't be afraid to use high temp RTV on both the inside and outside of the sleeve.

Other than this one minor area, I love my Lexx.:)

JonBsbB
10-02-2010, 03:57 PM
can anyone post pics that show the connection of mid-pipe to silencer, and mid-pipe to header. the more detailed pics the better. I've looked everywhere for good up-close and detailed pics.

Rkangel7
10-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Here are some pictures.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2910/lexxexhaust.jpg

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9267/lexxexhaust2.jpg
The green arrow is the aluminum sleeve that fits between the mid pipe and header. Note the different diameter between the two. As you can see by the RTV this is the area where the pipe tends to move around and or leak. An exhaust clamp in this area would help.

In my experience the movement is because the pipe uses the stock rubber exhaust mounts. In my opinion the Lexx is a nicely made pipe that could be flawless if they included an exhaust clamp or solid mounts to replace the stock rubber ones.

CJM
10-02-2010, 07:48 PM
I have a huge car exhaust clamp on mine, it dont move anymore...

JonBsbB
10-02-2010, 07:59 PM
thanks for those pics. has anyone tried to weld the two pipes? also CJM can you post pics of yours with the clamp?

Rkangel7
10-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by JonBsbB
thanks for those pics. has anyone tried to weld the two pipes? also CJM can you post pics of yours with the clamp?

I don't think you would be able to weld it without serious modification to either the mid pipe or header to make up the difference that the sleeve fills. And, since the header and mid pipe are stainless and the sleeve is aluminum, you wouldn't be able to weld them directly to each other. The best bet is an exhaust clamp.

CJM
10-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Im sorry but I dont have a camera (broke atm).

All I did was go out to the auto parts store and buy a 2.5" (iirc) muffler clamp for a car and put it on there with the rounded metal U on the insode of the frame and the other part facing out away from the pipe and I clamped it as tight as possible. Its rock solid but I still have a slight leak

Ive been thinking of taking the spacer off completely, going to my buddies muffler shop, expanding the header to the proper size and then cutting 4 1 inch long relief cuts into the mid pipe, then using a band style muffler clamp. Basically just like the stock system.

JonBsbB
10-03-2010, 08:37 PM
thats is a good idea if you do it soon let me/us know how it works.