PDA

View Full Version : So who’s the bad guy?

slightlybent47
09-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Here in this country we have the write to free speech and the guy in Florida is just exercising his write to it. But the media is portraying him as the bad guy and saying he is putting at risk the solders over seas. But if the media would stop making a big deal out of it and never given him his 15 minuets of fame, then no one would know what he is doing or give a crap if he does. But by harping on him and his intentions, I think they (the media) are guiltier then he is of putting solders at risk, yet they are calling him the bad guy. Typical hypocrites.

I’m also tired of the Muslims burning our flag and shouting death to Americans and calling all others infidels because we are Christians or some other religion other then there’s.

I don’t care about there feelings and I don’t respect anyone that doesn’t respect mine.

mamaknothead
09-10-2010, 12:01 PM
AMEN!!!! I totally agree

CJM
09-10-2010, 12:09 PM
the media are idiots only concerned about ratings..

feuerstack411
09-10-2010, 12:46 PM
write and right are two different words;)

06typeS
09-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Its his right to do so (not saying i agree with him or don't), and i agree if the media would find something better to cover no one would have known about it.

flyboy1294
09-10-2010, 04:47 PM
All the media coverage is this churches best dream come true. There is only a few dozen of them, but you know they're eating up their 15 minutes of fame.

My take on it? The guy is an absolute tool. He is making a mockery out of 9/11 and all the family's that lost someone that terrible day. Remember back in elementary school when they'd tell you to 'take the high road?' Man as life goes on I am amazed about how that simple principal holds true.

Was 9/11 terrible? Absolutely. My family lost several amazing friends before the whole ordeal was over. It does unfathomable damage to a country's sense of well-being when they are attacked on their own turf. Especially when totally innocent civilians are mercilessness killed.

BUT, with that said, that does not mean we should make total asses of ourselves by doing **** like this. 9/11 is a time to remember our loss, and to reach out to the families that lost someone close. What this man is doing is making the day about hate, which is exactly what that select group of individuals following Bin Laden are doing.

Burning a Quaran is a slap in the face to everyone in the Muslim religion, which is not only ignorant, but dangerous as well. The majority of Muslims are good people that believe in family values and living to a higher standard-nothing wrong with that. I'm proud to say that I have several friends which are of that religion, even down here in Kentucky.

Moreover, one journalist did some investigation into this church, and they practice many cult-like rituals. There is literally a rule-book for the church of which states (and I quote) '... members are strongly discouraged with having ungodly family connections outside the Church. Events like funerals, birthdays, and weddings are no exception.' The book goes on to say that members are not only forbade to correspond with, but not allowed to speak to the opposite sex whatsoever.

So, in short, this guy is an ignorant piece of scum that is making a joke of our Freedom of Speech and indangering men and women over-seas. Unfortunately, the only way to make this scum vanish from his current star-dome is to ignore him entirely.

/of thread.

rbgnwa45
09-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Whatever religion your faithfull to, if you don't realise that it's just a book than you don't deserve your own religion. A pastor burning qur'an books, and some islams disrespecting every other religion, what the hell is the difference? Both are mad ignorant :huh.

Rich250RRacer
09-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by flyboy1294
The majority of Muslims are good people that believe in family values and living to a higher standard-nothing wrong with that.

Was there some kind of poll taken? Were they asked by somebody? Nobody knows what's true in someone's heart until they have a chance to see how these people interact with vocal members of their religion. I see them on the news burning our flag, beheading innocent people, and stoning their own women. Muslims cheered in the streets when those towers fell. I really don't know what to believe, but compassion and tolerance don't immediately come to mind.

flyboy1294
09-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
Was there some kind of poll taken? Were they asked by somebody? Nobody knows what's true in someone's heart until they have a chance to see how these people intereact with vocal members of their religion. I see them on the news burning our flag, beheading innocent people, and stoning their own women. Muslims cheered in the streets when those towers fell. I really don't know what to believe, but compassion and tolereance don't immediately come to mind.

Islam is the second largest religion, meaning there are 1.3 billion practicing members and it is growing more rapidly than any other single established religion.

Al Qaeda is made up of approximately 18,000 militants scattered around the world. These are extremists; the same scum that hates the U.S. and believes their god wants them to kill other innocent human beings because of their pre-existing superiority.

And you're right, you do see them in the news, doing atrocious things in the name of hate, but do you honestly believe that ALL Muslims are represented by this? I pity you if you do not know how the media works. They focus on where the action or attention getting material is. They do not show the everyday things, they need ratings, and views.

I am not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, I am not partial toward Islam, or any other religion. And I am definitely NOT trying to defend those responsible for 9/11. I am simply saying, the actions of a few should not be the defining factor of a group of many. It is portrayed and distorted through the news and sometimes even politics, but the fact of the matter is, the majority of these people are not extremists, and do not want to see the fall of America.

slightlybent47
09-10-2010, 08:57 PM
It’s really very simple, out of site out of mind. If they would have berried his story on the back page of the local paper or never gave him the time of day to begin with, then no one would have ever heard about it and soldiers would not be at risk. It’s the medias fault for even airing the story and they are the ones putting soldiers at risk.

The reason that they are at risk for something some small town preacher is planning is a whole separate issue.

thefuzz
09-10-2010, 09:15 PM
what is a sprat issue ???

derekhonda
09-10-2010, 09:17 PM
I'm just appaled, that the threat of a book burning spurns muslims to rally. They burned our flag, injured 8 iraqi soldiers, basically just had a riot. These "actions" are "those" people.

Personally, that guy in Florida is an idiot.

But yes, the media could have ignored that story, but then their ratings might have gone done.

slightlybent47
09-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by thefuzz
what is a sprat issue ???

Sorry type o, separate issue.

Ichoptop
09-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Two wrongs dont make a right. I dont care what they do in their own country. They can hate us all they want. We are intelligent and leaders of the world, we should be bigger then this. Burning books...any kind of books shows a lack of intelligence and is so passe.

My opinion is that this guy was going to do something he wanted to do, and has the right to do it whether it makes him look like a douche or not. The media in all its "wisdom" picked up the story and now this guy is going to milk it for every cent...literally.

CJM
09-11-2010, 03:27 AM
We honestly wouldnt have half the problems with places like Iraq and Afghanistan if we simply retaliated like they do-go blow stuff up.

If we had taken a 1 kt nuke bomb and dropped it on top of where suspected al qaeda cells are, I doubt they woulda tried much anything else.

Of course we cant do this b/c we wont stoop to their level and its wrong to kill innocent people. However they dont feel this way at all.

protraxrptr17
09-11-2010, 07:46 AM
I think the preacher guy is just trying to be on TV.

How can you defeat an enemy that wants to die by your hands and draws strength from its own destruction? Maybe less (shown) rage at those scumbags can weaken them. Those people want conflict and that idiot "preacher" is giving them what they want. If I thought it would help I would stand on the capitol steps and take a dump on their book, but I know that it would do nothing but make a fool out of me.

<DRS>GPF
09-11-2010, 08:03 AM
more appropriately, he should be burning the flags of the nations known to harbor terrorists... alleged allies and enemies alike..