PDA

View Full Version : Front brake line not long enough?

trailrider894
09-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Hey guys, i just recently installed my +2 houser steering stem and i am noticing that the brake line just doesn't seem long enough and it seems to stretch when i turn my handlebars all the way to the left or right. Is this normal? or what is a good solution for this?

One a side not, when i turn my handle bars all the way to the left or right, my engine revs up like i am hitting the throttle, and it has never done this before, so i am at a loss because i have checked the cables and everything to my knowledge? Any suggestions?

Shawthy33
09-10-2010, 08:47 AM
I put a Rox riser on my bike and it was very tight, then ended up getting +2 arms with brakelines and it solved the problem, but yes, you probably need longer lines.

NacsMXer
09-10-2010, 08:25 PM
A temp solution to the brake line issue is to remove the single bolt holding the front brake line to the upper stem clamp. Look near the upper stem clamp and you'll find it.

If the engine is revving when you turn, then your throttle cable is definitely too short.

In all honesty I wouldn't bother removing the bolt trying to somehow make what you got work. I would do it right from the get go. Get yourself a longer throttle cable and some stainless steel braided brake lines. The lines can be custom ordered for extended steering stems and will firm up your lever feel a good bit as well.