PDA

View Full Version : somethings still wrong?

trailrider894
09-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Hey guys, i know had started a post a couple weeks ago complaining about my clutch not fully disengaging when i pull in my clutch lever. so i followed everyones advice and put my stock clutch cable back in the bike, but.... i am still having problems. My clutch lever is adjusted as tight as it will go and my cable is adjusted the same at the motor, and it is really hard to pull in a clutch lever that is tightened up like that. I still don't have a clue what this could be? any help?

togup
09-10-2010, 09:09 PM
without putting my hands on it i think the clutch engaging lever is in a bind ,take the cable loose from the clutch engaging lever at the motor turn it clock wise see if it catches the clutch lifter pin . Its possible that you may have to take the cover off to see whats going on

NMills
09-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Why is both ends adjusted as tight as it will go??? there should be play... at the lever and at the engine... You should search how to properly adjust the clutch...

riotact
09-11-2010, 10:44 AM
If you have your clutch cable that tight it may not disengage that way either.I'm with togup on this one,it sounds like your pin in not in the slot.