PDA

View Full Version : Accelorator pump Adjustment?

A-Town
09-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Anybody know what adjustment should be made to your accelorator pump? I have adjusted my main jet, pilot jet is is 48, JD needle on last clip, and I'm looking into getting a smaller leak jet. My bike has a real bad low idle bogg and I'm not sure how to adjust the pump.

kenny450er
09-09-2010, 07:35 PM
im sure me or someone else on here could help but could use more info what year is your quad and list all your mods and you said you adjusted your main jet ??? did you change the size also on your needle it should be on the 3rd or 4th grove from the top depending on the tapper of the needle

A-Town
09-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Sorry for the lack of info. It's a 2006 450er. I bought the bike on the cheap but it had many desirable mods already on it. (tires, beadlocks, bars, stem, etc...) I was told it had piston and rod but that proved to be a lie. Anyway I'm running a uni filter no airbox lid. Stock bore stock piston stock cams (I think). Pilot is 48. Main is 85. I run pump gas 93. I'm just above sea level st. Louis mo. My needle is JD red dot on the second to last notch. I have a 400ex throttle. 13/38 most of the time as I run xc. Sometimes I throw the 14 on if I'm just messin around in the open. I plan on doing the zip tie mod. Oh I have a full bill balance hmf pipe. Not sure what my af screw is set to but I think it's 2 out. My dyno run said I was lean on my pilot (befor I changed to a 48) it was off the charts lean on my needle and lean on my main with the 85.

hrc450er
09-10-2010, 05:19 AM
you should be around a 162-170 range on the main jet