PDA

View Full Version : More Problems

Wr3sTl3b0y
09-09-2010, 04:40 PM
i will never get a 400ex again NEVER
got a new piston and one new valve and rings put in got it running trying to break it in and it starts dieing on me ... it wont turn over on its own but with a tow it fires right up im not sure if its my coil spark plug or what im getting fuel for sure any suggestions
it started bye just cutting out like maybe the jetting was off and now it just barely runs at all fulll throttle then dies out

hocman123
09-09-2010, 06:04 PM
it sounds like everything u did would effect the carb and the jetting so if u did everthing and did not rejett the carb that is ur first problem right there

togup
09-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Did you use the same compression piston, and the new valve could be the culprit , why did you replace the valve ,must have been something wrong with it right? What was wrong with the old piston was it damaged ?

CJM
09-09-2010, 10:40 PM
I dont think you installed the stuff right.

inv3ctiv3
09-10-2010, 12:28 AM
Maybe you shouldn't blame a bike for not running when you mod the hell out of it....Or maybe you should have a professional work on it/install parts but don't expect 100% reliablity from a machine that is modified no matter what it is.

Wr3sTl3b0y
09-11-2010, 04:49 PM
ya i wish i had the money to get proffesional help bc now its all ****ed
i had to get a new piston and valve bc the guy didnt put it top dead center sent the valve through the piston got the new valve all that installed adjusted the valves second third and forth ran fine most the time 1st and fifth would just cut out on me big time i didnt changed the adjustments after i got the **** replaced and yes it was the same piston compression but i put gt thunder studs in it bc it was stripped ........ it won't idle my needle jet is bent but i got it fixed i may have put the clip on the wrong one i run it and the plug is black

not to mention it wont start on its own i gotta push it every time ... may be the starter clutch again idk i bought one of ebay got it installed im so sick of this machine i wish it would run long enough to send it off a hill and say good bye

Wr3sTl3b0y
09-11-2010, 04:53 PM
i have the big bore kit stage 2 cam 180 main third clip down and 42 pilot i think any suggestions ... it sounds a lot louder then it was but maybe bc i havnt heard it run in like 6 months maybe move it a clip up or down?

CJM
09-11-2010, 05:15 PM
I know you said you aint got no money, but seriously its time for professional help. Find someone reputable who does work on the side.

Wr3sTl3b0y
09-11-2010, 05:18 PM
i got a guy up the road but he never has time for me he is always workin on go karts when i get a good 300 400 ill take it to a shop get it all set straight as long as my starter clutch isnt bad