PDA

View Full Version : looking for a set of hardened rocker arms can any one help me out for my 400

arsenal35
09-09-2010, 04:02 PM
I have pay pal please let me know pf a place cheap or if some one has a full set for sale thanks

brokenmike
09-10-2010, 06:14 AM
You don't need hardened rocker arms with a hotcam. If that's what you need them for? I have had my hotcam in my quad for about 7 years still on the same valves, springs, and rocker arms.

arsenal35
09-10-2010, 06:34 AM
Yeah the guy I bought the quad off of had some head work done to it he put heavy duty springs in it and its killing my stock rockers. I'm at 2 options at this point. I could put hardened rockers in it. Or I could tear the head off put stock springs and keepers back in in and still have to replace my worn out stock rocker arms. since I have the head off I might as well put a head gasket in it. So by getting hardened rockers its gonna save me a couple dollars and some hassles

brokenmike
09-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Iam not sure but using hardened rockers on a hotcam, they may damage the cam. The cams are meant to be a drop in part. Someone else might know more about this or you could give hotcams a call to see what they say.

NacsMXer
09-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by arsenal35
Yeah the guy I bought the quad off of had some head work done to it he put heavy duty springs in it and its killing my stock rockers. I'm at 2 options at this point. I could put hardened rockers in it. Or I could tear the head off put stock springs and keepers back in in and still have to replace my worn out stock rocker arms. since I have the head off I might as well put a head gasket in it. So by getting hardened rockers its gonna save me a couple dollars and some hassles

Either you get new stock rockers and you continue to run them with the current Hotcam or you get hardened rockers and run them with a hardwelded cam like Web Cams.

You can't mix hardfaced rockers with stock/Hotcams cams and you can't mix hardwelded cams with stock rockers. It's a one or the other type deal, or you will be right back in the same spot after you wear the parts out.